Lakes that don't require a fishing license

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by Anonymous, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi, I just read that the santee lakes don't require state fishing licenses so im pretty stoked. Are there any other lakes in SD that are like this? Also should i get a fishing license if i'll probly fish 3-4 for this year? thanks!
  2. katnip

katnip New Member

The thing is with the two rod permit and parking your almost in for twenty bucks. Although the place is a lot better run then it was when I used to live across the street. If you wanna find more lakes like this your gonna have to check out the L.A. area irvine, corona, private lakes aren't cheap to fish but they make it worth your while.
  3. shadowdog3

shadowdog3 New Member

As far as buying a license, the license will cost about $45 if you don't get caught it's worth it. If you do, it won't. Daily license runs bout $12 a day, do the math.
    Fish the piers (saltwater) and Santee ponds you'll make out free? I had to make the decision in the past. I just bought the license, thats me.

sd
  4. bassaddict

bassaddict Well-Known Member

just hit up MCR is free (sd river)
  5. carpkiller

carpkiller SDFish VIP

You'll still need a state license to fish there....
    But yeah, if you want to fish for less money spent, rivers and creeks don't have daily permit fees.
    It is hard, this late in the year, to spring for the money for an 09 license. Best thing to do is bite the bullet, buy one in January....so you don't have to let the lack of a license make you pass up any fishing opportunities. .
  6. Kesepton

Kesepton Well-Known Member

Its 45 bucks... I used to be really apprehensive and fished without one for awhile. Then I grew up, and just decided it was really better for the sport to buy one.

Plus, if you cant afford 45 bucks for it, you probably cant afford to fish. Youll get hooked, and be glad you go it.

I can think of a few lakes/place to fish that ive caught good bass/trout from that wont require a day permit depending on where you live. Let me know, and ill point ya in the right direction.