Ratings Bigpondonly has given

1. Bigpondonly rated Jim Brown's post Like in the thread Gone, not sure why....

A few people have contacted me to ask why I'm no longer contributing any Lake Boy stories and I feel the need to try to explain. The...

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:06 PM
  2. Bigpondonly rated flyfishinsteve64's post Like in the thread On the road again.

[ATTACH] [ATTACH] So after a very nice visit with my son and his girl at the river house. They are moving to Colorado. He is civil...

Nov 6, 2019
  3. Bigpondonly rated CraigSmith's post Helpful in the thread fly fishing beginning.

Reposted here from an earlier thread (with some modifications specific to this thread). Others have already made some excellent...

Oct 25, 2019
  4. Bigpondonly rated Werfless's post Like in the thread IV report.. 10.18-19.

Last minute run to the IV yesterday after getting my kid in Ramona.. started off with a few panfish for bait in a ditch for bait, but...

Oct 20, 2019
  5. Bigpondonly rated Werfless's post Like in the thread Visiting in mid-October.

If you're still around tomorrow, I will probably fish a very different method around sinset

Oct 20, 2019
  6. Bigpondonly rated Zim's post Like in the thread Visiting in mid-October.

What an awesome morning with captwoody and just a tremendous show of hospitality for him to take me out in the bay, even providing all...

Oct 20, 2019
  7. Bigpondonly rated CraigSmith's post Like in the thread Visiting in mid-October.

Good on you for being a host Capt.

Oct 20, 2019
  8. Bigpondonly rated captwoody's post Like in the thread Visiting in mid-October.

[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Zim and I made our trip today, fished Spanish landing from 0600-840 for...

Oct 20, 2019
  9. Bigpondonly rated carpkiller's post Like in the thread Spinning reel upgrade.

I like the Okuma reels that I have...20 bucks seems like a great price. As much as I like to rag on the Shimano faithful, I gotta say...

Oct 14, 2019
  10. Bigpondonly rated captwoody's post Like in the thread Attempting mission bay from shore 10/11.

Well I learned a lot today when I float tube I just let the line out and cast a little bit. But when I'm casting from Shore wade-fishing...

Oct 13, 2019
  11. Bigpondonly rated Slater's post Like in the thread A win-win for both fisheries.

I do just fine 30 seconds from the house, dont need road trip adventures to catch fish... Maybe when I'm retired things will be different...

Oct 10, 2019
  12. Bigpondonly rated Werfless's post Like in the thread A win-win for both fisheries.

Bigpondonly , I have spent so many days and nights out in the valley.. go anywhere and do what you like, within reason... And catch a...

Oct 10, 2019
  13. Bigpondonly rated Werfless's post Like in the thread A win-win for both fisheries.

I have spent a lot more time on those two lists than our local lakes for sure. Many hundreds of hours more..

Oct 10, 2019
  14. Bigpondonly rated Werfless's post Like in the thread Spinning reel upgrade.

Okuma has the AV1000 on sale for 20 bucks 50% OFF BLOWOUT SALE! Select 2019 Avenger Spinning Reel

Oct 8, 2019
  15. Bigpondonly rated flyfishinsteve64's post Like in the thread Checking in.

Hi all, It’s October and I haven’t posted in a while. I had a black cloud following me around after I retired for a while but...

Oct 6, 2019
  16. Bigpondonly rated CraigSmith's post Like in the thread Need setup.

My comments here are based on having handled hundreds of rods/reels/flylines over the last 3 decades - my gear, friends gear, gear we...

Oct 6, 2019
  17. Bigpondonly rated CraigSmith's post Like in the thread Visiting in mid-October.

Wading will put you closer to the eel grass beds or drop offs. If you can cast a moderately long line, say 60 ft of flyline plus...

Sep 30, 2019
  18. Bigpondonly rated captwoody's post Like in the thread Visiting in mid-October.

All the posters here have been more than generous to me on my evolution of fly fishing so this is my chance to pay it forward. I have an...

Sep 30, 2019
  19. Bigpondonly rated Werfless's post Like in the thread Visiting in mid-October.

Let me know, I will fish with anyone who is a contributor here.. as long as you post a report, the chum is on me

Sep 30, 2019
  20. Bigpondonly rated Zim's post Like in the thread Visiting in mid-October.

Hello all! I'm coming to San Diego in mid-October for a conference. I haven't been to the area since I was 10, well before I started...

Sep 30, 2019