Ratings Bigpondonly has given

1. Bigpondonly rated carpkiller's post Like in the thread Spinning reel upgrade.

I like the Okuma reels that I have...20 bucks seems like a great price. As much as I like to rag on the Shimano faithful, I gotta say...

Oct 14, 2019 at 5:36 AM
  2. Bigpondonly rated captwoody's post Like in the thread Attempting mission bay from shore 10/11.

Well I learned a lot today when I float tube I just let the line out and cast a little bit. But when I'm casting from Shore wade-fishing...

Oct 13, 2019 at 9:19 AM
  3. Bigpondonly rated Slater's post Like in the thread A win-win for both fisheries.

I do just fine 30 seconds from the house, dont need road trip adventures to catch fish... Maybe when I'm retired things will be different...

Oct 10, 2019
  4. Bigpondonly rated Werfless's post Like in the thread A win-win for both fisheries.

Bigpondonly , I have spent so many days and nights out in the valley.. go anywhere and do what you like, within reason... And catch a...

Oct 10, 2019
  5. Bigpondonly rated Werfless's post Like in the thread A win-win for both fisheries.

I have spent a lot more time on those two lists than our local lakes for sure. Many hundreds of hours more..

Oct 10, 2019
  6. Bigpondonly rated Werfless's post Like in the thread Spinning reel upgrade.

Okuma has the AV1000 on sale for 20 bucks 50% OFF BLOWOUT SALE! Select 2019 Avenger Spinning Reel

Oct 8, 2019
  7. Bigpondonly rated flyfishinsteve64's post Like in the thread Checking in.

Hi all, It’s October and I haven’t posted in a while. I had a black cloud following me around after I retired for a while but...

Oct 6, 2019
  8. Bigpondonly rated CraigSmith's post Like in the thread Need setup.

My comments here are based on having handled hundreds of rods/reels/flylines over the last 3 decades - my gear, friends gear, gear we...

Oct 6, 2019
  9. Bigpondonly rated CraigSmith's post Like in the thread Visiting in mid-October.

Wading will put you closer to the eel grass beds or drop offs. If you can cast a moderately long line, say 60 ft of flyline plus...

Sep 30, 2019
  10. Bigpondonly rated captwoody's post Like in the thread Visiting in mid-October.

All the posters here have been more than generous to me on my evolution of fly fishing so this is my chance to pay it forward. I have an...

Sep 30, 2019
  11. Bigpondonly rated Werfless's post Like in the thread Visiting in mid-October.

Let me know, I will fish with anyone who is a contributor here.. as long as you post a report, the chum is on me

Sep 30, 2019
  12. Bigpondonly rated Zim's post Like in the thread Visiting in mid-October.

Hello all! I'm coming to San Diego in mid-October for a conference. I haven't been to the area since I was 10, well before I started...

Sep 30, 2019
  13. Bigpondonly rated Mogambo's post Like in the thread Ribeyes.

I’m pretty proud of the Town Pump in Westmorland. (Sacramento – CA)Last week, Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia (D-Coachella) recognized...

Jul 31, 2019
  14. Bigpondonly rated transplant's post Like in the thread EL Cap 7/19.

Headed out to El Cap this morning around 6am and fished with my buddy and my 9 year old son. We caught 4 fish, biggest one was a little...

Jul 20, 2019
  15. Bigpondonly rated hookemdano's post Like in the thread Do you need a FMM to fish the 301, 371, 405?.

I believe the 425 is within the 12 miles... measure from the south tip of the island and the 425 is within 12 miles [ATTACH]

Jul 14, 2019
  16. Bigpondonly rated mcfish's post Like in the thread One more try...Eastern Sierras!.

[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]

Jul 7, 2019
  17. Bigpondonly rated B8DHOOK's post Like in the thread 302 football fun..

[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Went out Saturday morning with my two cousins Brent and Justin looking for a shot...

Jul 4, 2019
  18. Bigpondonly rated mcfish's post Like in the thread Winter in Summer!.

The amount of snow in the higher elevations of the Eastern Sierras is incredible this year! I'm not sure if I've ever seen this much on...

Jul 2, 2019
  19. Bigpondonly rated RamonaAngler's post Like in the thread Sutherland 6-29-19.

Got to the lake at 5:30 ...at 6:10 I tied on a crankbait and BAM....4.42 lbs! Unfortunately that was the only one I was able to catch on...

Jun 30, 2019
  20. Bigpondonly rated Basstastic's post Like in the thread Afternoon at Hodges New PB finally in the DD Club.

On the water by Three on Saturday went right to the narrows started off throwing a crank bait got nothing. Then I went to the jig close...

Jun 30, 2019