Ratings Fat Spottie has given

1. Fat Spottie rated oldfogey's post Agree in the thread Fathom baitcaster?.

I just saw a post on BD and it looks like there will be Squall and Fathom baitcasters

Jul 9, 2020 at 9:29 PM
  2. Fat Spottie rated citruspirate's post Like in the thread rip my reel.

Ended up going with the Daiwa Fuego 2500 reel; also looking to get a salmon/steelhead rod to go with it and chuck the LC. Okuma seems to...

Jul 6, 2020 at 6:06 PM
  3. Fat Spottie rated fishB4work's post Funny in the thread TP 7/6 Osprey took my rod.

Went out this morning with HK_Supermarket around 6 and threw some jerkbaits around for about an hour with no luck. Switched over to...

Jul 6, 2020 at 6:06 PM
  4. Fat Spottie rated VinnyBass's post Agree in the thread rip my reel.

Geez....you mean I could almost buy a reel for the cost of my floro leader line? Dang! [ATTACH]

Jul 5, 2020 at 9:58 AM
  5. Fat Spottie rated citruspirate's post Like in the thread rip my reel.

Beautiful morning out here in Del Mar; fished the incoming tide with gentle waves and almost no salad. Perfect conditions. I hook onto a...

Jul 5, 2020 at 9:57 AM
  6. Fat Spottie rated scisports's post Like in the thread Yak sesh SDB 7/3.

Went with Msolorz to hit the bay, our PA14s in tow. Fished 4:30am to 11am. Fish were hard to come by at the barge, but the spotty slay...

Jul 5, 2020 at 9:57 AM
  7. Fat Spottie rated Tadyhawk's post Agree in the thread Strongest Mono Knot?.

30 and below = palomar 40 and above = sd

Jul 5, 2020 at 7:32 AM
  8. Fat Spottie rated camobass's post Agree in the thread Strongest Mono Knot?.

Palomar is such a simple knot, it gets tied incorrectly a lot, especially if tied fast. Lines HAVE to be parallel through entire knot

Jul 5, 2020 at 7:31 AM
  9. Fat Spottie rated oldfogey's post Agree in the thread Grande 6/30.

Some days the dogs get them all......

Jul 1, 2020
  10. Fat Spottie rated Jcannon9116's post Like in the thread Grande 6/30.

Forgot to add these [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]

Jul 1, 2020
  11. Fat Spottie rated Chris73's post Like in the thread Z-Man Jerk Shadz Review.

SUP SDFISH, Been testing out the Z-Man jerk shadz on an Owner Ultrahead Bullet weight for the last three days. I fished it by bouncing...

Jul 1, 2020
  12. Fat Spottie rated TreeCatcher's post Like in the thread Questions about two reels.

I’m recommended the shimano Stradic FL. Going to pull the bullet on this one.

Jun 29, 2020
  13. Fat Spottie rated ScubaLee03's post Like in the thread 6/29/2020 Ouch!.

Fished the afternoon incoming tide today. 2 sharks, a yfc, and it’s apparently my turn with the rays. Be safe out there! [ATTACH] [ATTACH]

Jun 29, 2020
  14. Fat Spottie rated Redjim's post Like in the thread Mystery worm.

The rockfish are coughing up pieces when they come over the rail or later on the fillet table.

Jun 29, 2020
  15. Fat Spottie rated jkimmbo's post Agree in the thread Mystery worm.

Looks like a pyrosome, which is a pelagic colony of small tunicates....

Jun 29, 2020
  16. Fat Spottie rated kyle12345's post Like in the thread Point Loma 6/28.

Had a fun time not the Point Loma. Spent the majority of the time fishing rockfish and it was an okay bite. I used shrimp a lot which...

Jun 28, 2020
  17. Fat Spottie rated LJenProSD's post Like in the thread Coronado Islands 6/26.

Buddy and I were able to head out to the islands yesterday on the Belle. We spent the morning searching for yellowtail. Made 3 stops and...

Jun 27, 2020
  18. Fat Spottie rated Chriwilson's post Agree in the thread 30 Pound Setup for 3 day?.

Seeker D8

Jun 24, 2020
  19. Fat Spottie rated oldfogey's post Like in the thread 30 Pound Setup for 3 day?.

Seeker 6470 would be a good call

Jun 24, 2020
  20. Fat Spottie rated Fishin_Buddy's post Agree in the thread 30 Pound Setup for 3 day?.

And pretty please use at least a boat length topshot of mono...thanks!

Jun 24, 2020