Ratings Fat Spottie has given

1. Fat Spottie rated Redjim's post Helpful in the thread Shelter island launch ramp.

They aren't letting any boats launch at this time. Officer stated that the lot was beyond capacity.

May 9, 2020
  2. Fat Spottie rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread Think!.

The stripers that inhabit that jetty , harbor and estuary seem to go off about this time of year . Been about 35 years since the DFG...

Apr 11, 2020
  3. Fat Spottie rated Capt Ray's post Helpful in the thread Iron Modifying.. come out of the woodwork.

When I have a dud I always start by looking at the line tie ring. If it is centered I oblong it to the side opposite the side with the...

Apr 7, 2020
  4. Fat Spottie rated Fins in the Bin's post Helpful in the thread Iron Modifying.. come out of the woodwork.

Reaming out the holes (a little offset)is the quickest way to get more action, but then you have to remove and re-braze the ring if you...

Apr 7, 2020
  5. Fat Spottie rated TheCuban1040's post Helpful in the thread Iron Modifying.. come out of the woodwork.

Funny, I was just watching this video yesterday that talks about this subject in detail. Check it out

Apr 7, 2020
  6. Fat Spottie rated Bassmann86's post Helpful in the thread Swimbait Rod.

If you want to spend a little more than $300 look at a Lowdown customs 79MH 1-5oz or a 8H 2-7oz. Well worth the money and wait time

Mar 31, 2020
  7. Fat Spottie rated CraigSmith's post Helpful in the thread Update on San Diego Bay Closures.

Posted this evening on Port Authority website Port of San Diego Closes Parks, Beaches, and Boat Launches Around San Diego Bay | Port of...

Mar 24, 2020
  8. Fat Spottie rated YuriSD's post Helpful in the thread Inexpensive Daiwa reel with very high drag rating - Legalis LT ?!.

I've looked at them, but KK appears to inflate the rating significantly. For example with reputable manufacturers I have some confidence...

Jan 17, 2020
  9. Fat Spottie rated kciuchta's post Helpful in the thread 32lb Homeguard from Pier.

Man I’ve been wondering where all the yellowtail went this year. I guess two just ate the rest of them. Nice work

Dec 2, 2019
  10. Fat Spottie rated Mogambo's post Helpful in the thread Retrieval technique for bass.

When using a Texas rigged curl tail grub I always use the lightest weight I can get away with and rig the grub so the tail curls down...

Oct 16, 2019
  11. Fat Spottie rated salt water guy's post Helpful in the thread Live Well Plug Size help.

I'm assuming no thru-hull fittings, (?) I have a smaller "Kodiak" and the drain plugs are both 1". Maybe you're referring to the...

Aug 20, 2019
  12. Fat Spottie rated scisports's post Helpful in the thread A Fat Spottie.

Awesome dude! You should change your thumbnail to that beast pic! Awesome getting the lady friend on the fish stoke! After marriage...

Jun 21, 2019
  13. Fat Spottie rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread Swimbait Rod.

Which M1 are you using ? The M1 inshore SMX 90 M I use seems to do good with 3 to 4 oz the 6 oz rating is a farce . Casting larger...

May 14, 2019
  14. Fat Spottie rated Rude Baits's post Helpful in the thread Coronado islands full day passport info?.

All a passenger needs to check in and board one of the sports boats through a sportfishing landing is a valid passport or passport card...

May 9, 2019
  15. Fat Spottie rated fisheromen's post Helpful in the thread Car has been boxed in, what to do?.

Seems you have been more than patient! I think the only recourse is what you said!

May 4, 2019
  16. Fat Spottie rated Yella1's post Helpful in the thread Surface iron reels.

Sadly, Penn Fathom star drag reels are only available in right hand crank. I've been wanting one in Lefty for YEARS. Finally settled...

Apr 22, 2019
  17. Fat Spottie rated scisports's post Helpful in the thread Garlic Mushroom Sauce.

Dang I just ate and I’m salivating lol!! You can also choose to deglaze with heavy cream, to forego the soup base...

Mar 2, 2019
  18. Fat Spottie rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread Garlic Mushroom Sauce.

I would use a mixture of rice you can usually buy in bulk at most any store has wild , red and brown rice in the mix . Pilaf or steamed...

Feb 28, 2019