Ratings Fat Spottie has received

1. Redjim rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread Thoughts on the Ranger 85.

Good boat. Fast. Triple screw like the Malahini. Actually the sister ship to be exact.

Aug 24, 2020
  2. Werfless rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread Tips for fishing for “Reds”....

Well for starters you want the high spots and the sharp vertical structures. Reds seem to start up on the leading edge of them with the...

Aug 24, 2020
  3. B8DHOOK rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread What reel is best for Yellowtall/calico. Also were to go.

I'm pretty sure Slater also mentioned the rod being undergunned. "In his scenario the reel was more than capable, he was undergunned in...

Aug 21, 2020
  4. Werfless rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread First time to PL kelp on kayak.

Plenty of life on the kelp, it’s a matter of conditions. Goats will bite regardless, but bass? Current, warm water, and clean water.

Aug 20, 2020
  5. Easy619 rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread Yoyo rod.

Well is it a light or heavy 40lb set up? You can fish a Fathom or Torium 30 all day on fish under 80. You get a fish that's bordering...

Aug 20, 2020
  6. Werfless rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread Yoyo rod.

Well is it a light or heavy 40lb set up? You can fish a Fathom or Torium 30 all day on fish under 80. You get a fish that's bordering...

Aug 20, 2020
  7. Easy619 rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread Yoyo rod.

List out the rods yah picked up and the reels you have for them, I can try and pair a couple together for yah if you want.

Aug 20, 2020
  8. Carterantebi rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread What reel is best for Yellowtall/calico. Also were to go.

You know I’ve got to say that using Miliken is a bad example. The reel is basically the same internally as a Trinidad but lacks the...

Aug 19, 2020
  9. Werfless rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread What reel is best for Yellowtall/calico. Also were to go.

CalSheets is a group that blueprints reels. Basically they re work tolerances to make them smoother and improve drag curves so the drag...

Aug 19, 2020
  10. Werfless rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread What reel is best for Yellowtall/calico. Also were to go.

Ehhhhhh. Ehhhhhhbbbb. It’s basically a Revo Toro Beast with a Non disengaging levelwind. Not my first pick and I really like Penn...

Aug 18, 2020
  11. Nick Arevalo rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread What reel is best for Yellowtall/calico. Also were to go.

Ehhhhhh. Ehhhhhhbbbb. It’s basically a Revo Toro Beast with a Non disengaging levelwind. Not my first pick and I really like Penn...

Aug 18, 2020
  12. OPERATOR SPECTRE rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread What reel is best for Yellowtall/calico. Also were to go.

Well then learn too. Open faced reels cast far superior to any of my low profiles. It’s a skill as a fisherman you should have. Aside...

Aug 18, 2020
  13. Carterantebi rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread What reel is best for Yellowtall/calico. Also were to go.

Well then you're fine with a Lexa 300 and Fathom 25N for sure. Here's the thing about the TranX, and I'm saying this as I have one,...

Aug 18, 2020
  14. Chriwilson rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread What reel is best for Yellowtall/calico. Also were to go.

Whoa whoa whoa, the penn squall 60 is not what I would pick out for yah there bud. Here's my 0.2.. seeing how you like going aboard the...

Aug 18, 2020
  15. Tommy Chang rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread What reel is best for Yellowtall/calico. Also were to go.

Whoa whoa whoa, the penn squall 60 is not what I would pick out for yah there bud. Here's my 0.2.. seeing how you like going aboard the...

Aug 18, 2020
  16. Werfless rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread Yoyo rod.

List out the rods yah picked up and the reels you have for them, I can try and pair a couple together for yah if you want.

Aug 18, 2020
  17. Werfless rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread Yoyo rod.

Best yoyo reel for the little guys... once a fish get's over 80ish... I really like that 40N. I've always fished mine on the shortest...

Aug 18, 2020
  18. Werfless rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread What reel is best for Yellowtall/calico. Also were to go.

Well then you're fine with a Lexa 300 and Fathom 25N for sure. Here's the thing about the TranX, and I'm saying this as I have one,...

Aug 18, 2020
  19. Werfless rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread What reel is best for Yellowtall/calico. Also were to go.

Aug 18, 2020
  20. oldfogey rated Fat Spottie's post Like in the thread Yoyo rod.

Best yoyo reel for the little guys... once a fish get's over 80ish... I really like that 40N. I've always fished mine on the shortest...

Aug 18, 2020