Ratings Fat Spottie has received

1. Easy619 rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Just got the dreaded call....

Flouro does help with bluefin and live bait presentations. It’s not reflective and shiny like mono, it’s more refractive and disperses...

Jun 9, 2020
  2. mattgulptosser rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Dragon and a Conditions Report.

Caught a dragon. Yeah. Conditions report. Oh it’s bad. Current was running down and OUT. Kelp was fked. Water read 63.2F. Green...

Jun 9, 2020
  3. B8DHOOK rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Braid over mono ?ec.

I mean no reason either should or should not work. The braid will be whats used primarily so there shouldn’t be an issue. I filled a...

Jun 2, 2020
  4. Noms rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Fishlab Carnada Flutter Jig Intel.

Looks like a Tady or Butterfly style flat fall jig. Basically it’s a jig that would excel on slow drifts. The stock hooks look like...

May 28, 2020
  5. CrazyDonkey rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Fish Processing.

Hidden bank

May 28, 2020
  6. B8DHOOK rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Fish Processing.

Hidden bank

May 28, 2020
  7. Delorian rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Fishlab Carnada Flutter Jig Intel.

Looks like a Tady or Butterfly style flat fall jig. Basically it’s a jig that would excel on slow drifts. The stock hooks look like...

May 27, 2020
  8. fisheromen rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Fish Processing.

I've got big eye from 2018 that still comes out nice enough to sear. Most likely on the boat. On WFO bites some RSWs don't have the...

May 26, 2020
  9. FisherLars rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Fin-nor reels any good?.

I think Van Staal is now a pure fishing brand. edit: the brands listed by William Ritchie are now all acquired by Pure Fishing, so...

May 20, 2020
  10. Baywolf rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Are any boats fishing now, and if so are they doing any good.

At this point I’m just waiting on news from SAC (in particular) or CCA about whether it’s open. Those guys have people being payed to...

May 20, 2020
  11. William Ritchie rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Fin-nor reels any good?.

I think Van Staal is now a pure fishing brand. edit: the brands listed by William Ritchie are now all acquired by Pure Fishing, so...

May 20, 2020
  12. Baywolf rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Are any boats fishing now, and if so are they doing any good.

None fishing. Seems to be in 2-3 weeks there is potential. Aside from that, no word. California Dawn in SF supposedly ran a couple times.

May 19, 2020
  13. fisheromen rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Coming back to sdfish.

Missing the bars and the purple hue. The caudal and second dorsal are more purple then yellow. The operculum (Gill plate) isn’t very...

May 18, 2020
  14. kyle12345 rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Dolphin half day 5/9/20.

It’s an issue in which we need a set of guidelines to maintain safety by. If we don’t have, we can’t be insured. If someone dies... oh...

May 15, 2020
  15. Easy619 rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Fathom vs Newell: Is it worth it?.

A little bit under 300. I use 80lb braid backing and fish a 250ft leader of 50 mono.

May 12, 2020
  16. kyle12345 rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Dolphin half day 5/9/20.

Hell no that’s not the case at all. Something higher up happened saying we can’t fish the islands. I think “if” the stay at home order...

May 11, 2020
  17. oldfogey rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Dolphin half day 5/9/20.

Hell no that’s not the case at all. Something higher up happened saying we can’t fish the islands. I think “if” the stay at home order...

May 11, 2020
  18. CrazyDonkey rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Dolphin half day 5/9/20.

Okay, y'all know me and my gig pretty well. According to my boss the islands trips are a no go until further notice. Same with half...

May 8, 2020
  19. HK_Supermarket rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Dolphin half day 5/9/20.

Okay, y'all know me and my gig pretty well. According to my boss the islands trips are a no go until further notice. Same with half...

May 8, 2020
  20. oldfogey rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Dolphin half day 5/9/20.

May 8, 2020