Ratings Fishin_Buddy has received

1. kyle12345 rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread 30 Pound Setup for 3 day?.

Many fit the bill. I am more interested in the line class rating on the rod. I would choose something that has a 30-50 pound (mono)...

Jun 23, 2020
  2. Chriwilson rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread SD County now has authority to reopen fishing.

I saw something from one of the boats on FB that echoed what the OP said. It has since been changed so...maybe oops?

Jun 4, 2020
  3. kyle12345 rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread Just got the dreaded call....

I listened in on the meeting today. Ken Franke from SAC, Frank Ursitti from H&M Landing, and a few others called in on our behalf today....

Jun 2, 2020
  4. otay michael rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread Importance of Tipping on Sportsboats.

Here is how it works on the overnight/multi day boats. We make our money on the table. At least traditionally anyway. Nowadays, with the...

Jul 24, 2019
  5. Bassmagnum rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread Importance of Tipping on Sportsboats.

If a deckhand, or any crew for that matter, receives a tip and doesn’t put it in the pot...the poo hits the fan. I can’t speak for all...

Jul 19, 2019
  6. Bassmagnum rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread Importance of Tipping on Sportsboats.

Here is how it works on the overnight/multi day boats. We make our money on the table. At least traditionally anyway. Nowadays, with the...

Jul 19, 2019
  7. Delorian rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread Best bait / lure, for night time blue fin grounds ?.

You will not be on anchor, and the only chance your jig will make it to the bottom is if you throw it overboard without a line attached....

May 21, 2019
  8. B8DHOOK rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread Best bait / lure, for night time blue fin grounds ?.

You will not be on anchor, and the only chance your jig will make it to the bottom is if you throw it overboard without a line attached....

May 21, 2019
  9. Larry M rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread Vietnam Veterans Day.

That was a best case scenario. There are other times in history where supply lines were slowed to a point that it had devastating...

Apr 2, 2019
  10. Larry M rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread Vietnam Veterans Day.

First of all, Thank you to you Vietnam Veterans. You guys had a bum deal, and you deserve more respect and recognition. Unfortunately...

Mar 29, 2019
  11. old_rookie rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread going to carlsbad lagoon- make bait.

This is what I have found to work best. The mono net is what makes it so effective. Very little drag of the mono net makes capturing the...

Mar 25, 2019
  12. fishinmike rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread Importance of Tipping on Sportsboats.

Mar 18, 2019
  13. Yella1 rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread Importance of Tipping on Sportsboats.

If a deckhand, or any crew for that matter, receives a tip and doesn’t put it in the pot...the poo hits the fan. I can’t speak for all...

Mar 11, 2019
  14. kyle12345 rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread Importance of Tipping on Sportsboats.

Mar 8, 2019
  15. old_rookie rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread How is she wrong?.

I can see where if someone read these two verses alone, they would be confused, or maybe a better word would be conflicted. However, and...

Mar 8, 2019
  16. Egorham rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread Importance of Tipping on Sportsboats.

Mar 7, 2019
  17. geofish rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread Importance of Tipping on Sportsboats.

Mar 3, 2019
  18. kciuchta rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread Hate to bother you guys again but........

I gave you my opinion on the SA80, now I will tell you all about the Constitution. I know the boat very well because I worked on it for...

Feb 28, 2019
  19. Dirk Diggler rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread Hate to bother you guys again but........

I gave you my opinion on the SA80, now I will tell you all about the Constitution. I know the boat very well because I worked on it for...

Feb 28, 2019
  20. kciuchta rated Fishin_Buddy's post Helpful in the thread Wondering what max drag would be safe for bluefin/yellowfin in the 80-150 lb range.

However, there’s no way in hell I am going to cow town with just one stick, so... Sometimes you need to fish 60# to get bit, but not...

Dec 7, 2018