Ratings fishinmike has given

1. fishinmike rated dj thrillz's post Helpful in the thread Harbor Island barge.

We recently had a Shore Pounders event at HI, and to our surprise there was this barge right in front of our meet up spot. At the waters...

Mar 7, 2021
  2. fishinmike rated BrianSD's post Helpful in the thread Agua Hedionda Lagoon.

Went for a quick session this morning with no luck but wanted to pass along that the fencing was just getting finished for the dredging...

Jan 19, 2021
  3. fishinmike rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Stripers Silverwood.

Near the dam, light weight, two hooks baited with chove, I have heard. Skinner is easier to get to and supposedly has a bunch. Edit : at...

Jan 10, 2021
  4. fishinmike rated Bassnbeans's post Helpful in the thread Staying on the board.

I hope they were of a mind to put her back. Also, has been said on this forum many times, but since you’re new to surf; if a pregnant...

Jan 10, 2021
  5. fishinmike rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread jetty’s end.

If you like firm fish, put the BP in the freezer for a bit before you cook it to tighten it up

Dec 19, 2020
  6. fishinmike rated camobass's post Helpful in the thread Surf fishing jerkbaits.

This is a good time of year for butts. You can also get bigger perch on the jerk baits too. As far as advice, trial and error. Timing of...

Dec 17, 2020
  7. fishinmike rated camobass's post Helpful in the thread Santee 12/14.

Yes, actually, yank the gills out while it’s alive, then gut then ice

Dec 17, 2020
  8. fishinmike rated dj thrillz's post Helpful in the thread Slow Morning at Spanish.

Try the other end towards the Sheraton hotel, much more active at those docks. Hell of a kick tho.

Nov 25, 2020
  9. fishinmike rated Jenx's post Helpful in the thread Gulp Sandworm shortage?.

I accidentally donated all my Gulp Sandworms to the jetty the last time I was there when the container carrying them fell out of my...

Nov 16, 2020
  10. fishinmike rated Meezer_Man's post Helpful in the thread Dixon Trout Stock.

Date: 1 November 2020 Park hours: 6:00 A.M. – 5:30 P.M. Dock closes: 4:30 P.M. Boats sales end: 2:30 P.M. Next Plant: 3000 lbs. of...

Nov 14, 2020
  11. fishinmike rated nkamphoto's post Helpful in the thread Penasquitos creek tips?.

Here is the sign on canyon side park trailhead confirming fishing with license permitted (see photo). I think sdmc must have been re...

Oct 27, 2020
  12. fishinmike rated joem83's post Helpful in the thread Beautiful lure.

This is the best place to get em, this guy sells em two at a time and if you're lucky you can get em for a low price. Simmons Sporting...

Oct 25, 2020
  13. fishinmike rated camobass's post Helpful in the thread Havasu, Mohave or Blythe Area.

I’ve fished Blythe a lot, there is a nice little oxbow lake there, Palo verde that can be really good, even jumbo crappie in there....

Oct 23, 2020
  14. fishinmike rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Havasu, Mohave or Blythe Area.

Canals around blythe are absolutely loaded with smallmouth in some areas... Drag a buzzbait by a drowned tumbleweed and watch for the...

Oct 23, 2020
  15. fishinmike rated Jenx's post Helpful in the thread La Jolla fishing map (where to legally fish from the shore).

I see a lot of new forum members asking where in La Jolla it is legal to fish, so I have created this thread with the hopes of clearing...

Oct 22, 2020
  16. fishinmike rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Coronado Cays 10/10 (how do I safely unhook jerkbaits?).

Switch to singles. Safer for you and the fish. That said, using lip grippers on the fish and pliers on the bait is a good call. Plenty...

Oct 11, 2020
  17. fishinmike rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread Tuna Jerky through Processors.

I have used the Weber for years , excellent tool . I remove the coal grate and use a stainless sieve . Place chips in the strainer and...

Aug 19, 2020
  18. fishinmike rated oldfogey's post Helpful in the thread MB shorefishers....heads up.

The last couple days I've seen bait pushed around by some fish down in the jetty area......looked like bonito but wasn't sure. Confirmed...

Aug 9, 2020
  19. fishinmike rated daytonfish's post Helpful in the thread 7/7 Daily Double AM.

Haha I was deckhanding on that boat. Your nephew was catching all the fish. We haven't been doing well in the kelp on our AM trips, so...

Jul 8, 2020
  20. fishinmike rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Rattle traps in the bays.?.

Great bait for vina, cuda and mackerel, YFC like em too, burned just above the sand

May 27, 2020