Ratings FoodGeekFish has given

1. FoodGeekFish rated Werfless's post Agree in the thread Brushy Creek TX 10/2.

Rio grande cichlid

Oct 4, 2022
  2. FoodGeekFish rated Bird334's post Agree in the thread Brushy Creek TX 10/2.

Nice, what's the fish in the third pic a type of cichlid

Oct 4, 2022
  3. FoodGeekFish rated cavedog619's post Agree in the thread Good Yak for newbs/big guys.

I fish mostly inshore; SD Bay and Mission Bay. Here're my two cents. Others will have their own opinions and I'm sure they'll chime...

Aug 4, 2022
  4. FoodGeekFish rated CraigSmith's post Agree in the thread Saltwater setup.

Fly fishing equipment is more expensive than spinning and casting gear since the volume of sales is lower. Bays and offshore require...

Aug 4, 2022
  5. FoodGeekFish rated Werfless's post Agree in the thread Cedros.

Mole crab.. last thing many sand crabs ever see...

Jul 14, 2022
  6. FoodGeekFish rated Bird334's post Agree in the thread Record Corbina?.

WSB?

Jul 13, 2022
  7. FoodGeekFish rated Jenx's post Agree in the thread Surf Corvina.

I'm sure most of the White Seabass caught in the surf are juvenile, which makes them far easier to differentiate from corvina.

Jul 13, 2022
  8. FoodGeekFish rated Werfless's post Agree in the thread Fly Kook here.

Go to Stroud's.. flystop is great also. Talk, and talk some more.. CraigSmith

Jun 8, 2022
  9. FoodGeekFish rated citruspirate's post Agree in the thread Fish ID.

+1 on navanax inermis, thats a really big one

Jun 8, 2022
  10. FoodGeekFish rated Jenx's post Agree in the thread Fish ID.

Kelpfish

Jun 8, 2022
  11. FoodGeekFish rated Bird334's post Agree in the thread Fish ID.

White sea bass, they need to be 28 inches, and are very fragile

Jun 8, 2022
  12. FoodGeekFish rated dooolan's post Agree in the thread Next setup.

Since a 7wt is so similar in dimensions to a 6wt, I would opt for a 8wt. Put a 300 grain sink line on it to fish larger surf, when the...

Apr 13, 2022
  13. FoodGeekFish rated Werfless's post Agree in the thread Dang! I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

Those scorcherz jigs have tons of action, they swim all over the place, lol.

Mar 8, 2022
  14. FoodGeekFish rated dmorgan3's post Agree in the thread Dang! I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

I have fished the lures that Carpkiller makes (mostly for spotties). The way I fish it has lots of action, I give it sharp jerks near...

Mar 8, 2022
  15. FoodGeekFish rated Werfless's post Agree in the thread Ruh roh.....

Go to that sand flat in MB and goof around for a few minutes or so once the water in there warms a bit. Figure out where the tipping...

Mar 8, 2022
  16. FoodGeekFish rated blackcloud9's post Agree in the thread Yuma, Az..

Growing up fishing at Lake Cachuma we often caught 50% smallmouth while bass fishing, especially on the rocky cliff banks with swimjigs....

Mar 8, 2022
  17. FoodGeekFish rated CraigSmith's post Agree in the thread Newbie.

Good points. "Cheap" isn't necessarily the same as "inexpensive" though, and "inexpensive" in fly fishing gear is different than other...

Mar 8, 2022
  18. FoodGeekFish rated F1$H's post Agree in the thread Newbie.

Im not an expert myself but I know for a fact that fly fishing the surf is frustrating and you will have a lot of skunk sessions. But...

Mar 8, 2022
  19. FoodGeekFish rated Neuroshima's post Agree in the thread My First Fly Bass!!! 1/29.

Nice catch. That's a beadhead woolybugger. Probably the most widely used fly. Catches everything from bluegills to halibut.

Mar 8, 2022
  20. FoodGeekFish rated Rude Baits's post Agree in the thread Ever flip your kayak?.

Yes. Twice. Ugh. My best advice to anyone... ALWAYS wear a PFD and always keep your combos leashed.

Nov 10, 2021