Ratings FoodGeekFish has given

1. FoodGeekFish rated CraigSmith's post Helpful in the thread Fly Fishing Bootcamp.

Get some breathable waders. You can spend from $100 to over $800. Are the top end waders worth it? Maybe if you are fishing 100+ days...

Apr 27, 2021
  2. FoodGeekFish rated CraigSmith's post Helpful in the thread Newbie Saltwater Fly Fishing Questions.

Excepts from an article I wrote - had to chop it down considerably to get the basics to fit in the size allowed by the forum.. It...

Nov 19, 2020
  3. FoodGeekFish rated CraigSmith's post Helpful in the thread Fly Tying - Fun Patterns, Salt Ed.

Congo Hair is about twice as long as the original EP fibers and secured with a zip tie in the middle and folded for packaging. If put a...

Apr 20, 2020
  4. FoodGeekFish rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Fathom vs Newell: Is it worth it?.

So I'm stuck here in quarantine doing absolutely nothing. So I’m going to compare reels. I'm doing this i the Sport Boat forum as I...

Apr 3, 2020
  5. FoodGeekFish rated lone_wolf's post Helpful in the thread Seeker rod questions.

The short answer is the difference in composite blank material. This affects their action and overall weight - the numbers designate the...

Mar 13, 2020
  6. FoodGeekFish rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread 1/12/2020 Pismo Clams.

Some times in thin water you can see the foot coming up out of the sand . Most use a garden fork to probe the sand until they feel it...

Jan 15, 2020
  7. FoodGeekFish rated Cyjake111's post Helpful in the thread iB surf.

msg me next time u wanna surf fish and I'll tag along and give u pointers.

Aug 16, 2019
  8. FoodGeekFish rated old_rookie's post Helpful in the thread MB north jetty kelp snags/ gut hooked fish?.

Fish must be 14" in length in order to keep it. Game warden won't take any excuses of a hook stuck as a reason for taking an under...

Aug 7, 2019
  9. FoodGeekFish rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread What’s the best Sheepshead rig (setup) ???.

This is the video I was referencing, for those interested.....

Aug 5, 2019
  10. FoodGeekFish rated Master-Baiter's post Helpful in the thread Cracked Kayak.

Don't buy it if the crack is where the mirage drive goes. I've heard repairing that part rarely works and you end up changing the entire...

Dec 21, 2017
  11. FoodGeekFish rated The_Fly_Stop's post Helpful in the thread Pyramid Lake!!.

I know Crosby Lodge is the place to stay and there are two other places with RV spot for around $20 a night. The fishing has been on...

Mar 15, 2016
  12. FoodGeekFish rated Jig Jig Pow!'s post Helpful in the thread Shoreline Slinging in Mission bay 05-NOV-2015.

4 inch big hammer swimbait. Brown color with orange bottom. Cheers!

Nov 13, 2015
  13. FoodGeekFish rated dj thrillz's post Helpful in the thread Coronado golf course.

It's completely legal. You must use cartpaths though, cannot walk through the fairways. Read section 4-E...

Nov 5, 2015