Ratings galen has given

1. galen rated Risentidefishing's post Helpful in the thread Pyramid Lake 2/8-2/13 (Video).

The fish basically swim in schools around the lake just off the drop. You just set up at a likely location and wait for them to come...

Feb 22, 2021
  2. galen rated ryanhead's post Helpful in the thread 1/9 Mission Bay SBB.

Parked the boat off Vacation Isle for a few hours in the evening to target bass on trout gear. Absolutely no action casting near shore,...

Jan 12, 2021
  3. galen rated bendopolo's post Helpful in the thread Lake Murray Report 12/14 and fishfinder photos/questions!.

Several weeks ago, after fishing thru multiple “Snakes” on the meter in 25 feet of water, I went back with 2 pound test and a Crappie...

Dec 19, 2020
  4. galen rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Dock Stalkin.

I don’t like coolbaits because of the eyelet location on the jig head. They snag grass way to much for my liking. Leadheads like...

Dec 1, 2020
  5. galen rated CraigSmith's post Helpful in the thread Dixon Trout Stock.

It's probably because they could pick up and hold zebra or quagga mussel larvae which remain on the device, just like electric motors....

Nov 8, 2020
  6. galen rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Alien Spacecraft.

Happens all the time... Something was tickling the back of my mind, so I looked it up. Turns out Mr Benchley mentioned it in Jaws...

Aug 1, 2020
  7. galen rated CraigSmith's post Helpful in the thread Grass Valley.

You can use any bulk mono (nylon or fluoro) but you need to pay attention to diameter. Otherwise you may actually be adding a thicker...

Jul 27, 2020
  8. galen rated bendopolo's post Helpful in the thread Dos Picos.

I second Fisheromen. The Bluegill spawn is right after the Bass spawn. When water temperature reaches around 66 degrees. Nature wants...

Feb 29, 2020
  9. galen rated fisheromen's post Helpful in the thread Dos Picos.

It is a C&R only pond!

Feb 18, 2020
  10. galen rated fisheromen's post Helpful in the thread Dos Picos.

Hey Galen, The trick is the witching hour! Just as the sun sinks below the mountains! I have not been able to get them to bite when...

Feb 17, 2020
  11. galen rated F1$H's post Helpful in the thread Dos Picos.

wax worms under a bobber is deadly. Fish near structure.

Feb 17, 2020
  12. galen rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Mag Bay area.

Plenty of open beach there to work.. bonito splasher, big jerkbaits, pencil poppers, ranger plugs, etc are all awesome baits down there...

Jan 29, 2020
  13. galen rated BenC's post Helpful in the thread Another SD Bay Surprise.

Besides the obvious, sixgills are only in extremely deep water. Sevengills come close to shore and in the bays on occasion. Also looks...

Jan 14, 2020
  14. galen rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread IV run 11.15 (11.16 doesn't count, lol).. long post.

Better than either, IMO..

Nov 17, 2019
  15. galen rated Bassnbeans's post Helpful in the thread IV run 11.15 (11.16 doesn't count, lol).. long post.

If there weren’t so many of them, I would tell you they were nasty and to not bother. Honest truth: mildest fish I have EVER eaten....

Nov 17, 2019
  16. galen rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread New mods.

3D outdoors YouTube channel has a brand new video on an all weather external power cable... Pretty cool stuff

Aug 21, 2019
  17. galen rated Risentidefishing's post Helpful in the thread 4/14 Back Bay.

Nice fish! And all you need to do is pop off the side plate and hook it up to an external battery and it should last all day

Apr 15, 2019
  18. galen rated BudzSD's post Helpful in the thread Surviving on Fishing, Foraging, and Gardening for a Month!.

Don't forget sandcrabs. They are plentiful along the sandy beach. Batter and fry them up.

Mar 20, 2019
  19. galen rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread Lucky craft taking on water...

Have had some of my jerk baits leak over time, the best way I have found to test for a leak. Place the lure in a cold environment like...

Oct 16, 2018
  20. galen rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Black Sea Bass in SD Bay.

The little ones seem to wander around in a small herd..

Sep 20, 2018