Ratings galen has received

1. kciuchta rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Overnight on Tribute 9-20.

Another bigeye albifin! But seriously nice trip. With that bait it definitely looks like you guys made the most of it. On a private...

Sep 23, 2018
  2. Bear6813 rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Sacked up and finally bought a baitcaster.

You have your thumb just in contact with the spool when your casting? Most important part of using these reels

Sep 12, 2018
  3. geofish rated galen's post Helpful in the thread New to me boat. Advice needed.

I used to regularly fish local kelp in a 15 ft inflatable and 20 hp motor. Your boat certainly sounds up to the task. Common sense is...

Sep 6, 2018
  4. kciuchta rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Skipjack city.

News flash! Skipjack is safe for human consumption! Just check your local supermarket. Chunk light tuna= skipjack, check the can. You...

Aug 29, 2018
  5. kciuchta rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Grande 8-17.

Good job. I got spoiled when a good friend got a Triumph, no more sporties. Been on one full day in a long time with the Mrs, she wasn’t...

Aug 20, 2018
  6. kciuchta rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Megabait While Tuna Fishing.

Ask a deckhand what depth they are metering fish and go 20 or 30 feet below that. Then crank. I have a few heavier ones that have caught...

Aug 17, 2018
  7. kyle12345 rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Lexa 400 for Tuna.

A bait that swims well will be out past your furthest flyline cast in just a few short seconds. I little thing that can help is having...

Jul 5, 2018
  8. kciuchta rated galen's post Helpful in the thread First time to Coronados....quick question(s).

Don’t forget SKR if you aren’t seeing anything you like at the islands proper. If the kelp is laying down right you can get a real long...

Jun 25, 2018
  9. kciuchta rated galen's post Helpful in the thread What lure recommendation for Mexico beach one knows nothing about? :).

Crocodile, Megabait, something you can cast a country mile. Also some poppers.

Jun 14, 2018
  10. sdfishtroll rated galen's post Helpful in the thread wed 5/16 crappy crap crappiest.

Obsessed much?

May 18, 2018
  11. tjthegreat1 rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Sunset Cliffs 5/10.

Your net idea would be an illegal venture if you were unaware. I remember the first time I saw mullet up in Oceanside as a kid, I...

May 10, 2018
  12. geofish rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Cinco de Mayo Yellowtail.

I agree with your plan to switch out for white Spectra. My offshore reels all have white braid.

May 8, 2018
  13. Fat Spottie rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Cinco de Mayo Yellowtail.

I agree with your plan to switch out for white Spectra. My offshore reels all have white braid.

May 7, 2018
  14. dillpick rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Two reels come and get 'em!.

I received two conventional reels from my father in law. Both appear to be unused. The okuma would be a good troll reel and the knock...

Mar 15, 2018
  15. kyle12345 rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Rod for 1.5 Day for Tuna.

The reel is the more important part of the equation. What do you have?

Jan 22, 2018
  16. kyle12345 rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Rod for 1.5 Day for Tuna.

Good choice. I use a Seeker 6470 for my 40 lb rod.

Jan 22, 2018
  17. kyle12345 rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Colonett Worth the Money.

If you want a shot at a pb ling or red go to Colnett. Got my biggest of each there.

Dec 12, 2017
  18. TexasRig rated galen's post Helpful in the thread 11/26 Mega Boils and LJ fishin.

There can always be just smaller mackerel/ bonito pushing up bait without any of the big boys around. The bait itself eats plankton...

Nov 28, 2017
  19. geofish rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Lake Poway.

True, I believe the system is not set up such that the permit fees are designed to cover the stocking costs. I have never been to a "...

Nov 26, 2017
  20. Carterantebi rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Passport.

Dang dude, you might be stuck local? My sister had hers expedited a few years back but the extra money might be hard to swallow. What...

Nov 11, 2017