Ratings galen has received

1. geofish rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Max Drag Power Ratings.

I have noticed that the extra weight of the extra line on the spool helps improve free spool time, as an increase in angular momentum. I...

Sep 17, 2017
  2. Werfless rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Max Drag Power Ratings.

I have noticed that the extra weight of the extra line on the spool helps improve free spool time, as an increase in angular momentum. I...

Sep 17, 2017
  3. geofish rated galen's post Helpful in the thread First post! 5/29/17 - MB catches , pics, and questions!.

Good stuff. What lb test is your line? I typically use 14lb test in the bays, i don't think the fish care. Check the bargain bins for a...

May 29, 2017
  4. lone_wolf rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Salton Sea.

I'm selling "Make the Sea Great Again" hats for $10 if anyone wants one.

Jan 25, 2017
  5. Parzival rated galen's post Helpful in the thread trolling rods?.

X2. Need at least some spring in the tip section for any casting action. Kind of the opposite of what trolling is all about, heavy...

Aug 4, 2016
  6. Cheese Whiz rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Yellowtail Advice?.

No, just a 3/0 circle through the nose. Put the clicker on and troll 3-5 knots parallel to the kelp line but not too close. You don't...

Jul 1, 2016
  7. haharun rated galen's post Helpful in the thread west MB 6/29.

don't feel too bad, i have not landed a single gamefish of any size yet this year:arghh::arghh: that's what my 8 month old has done to...

Jun 29, 2016
  8. YT_Quest rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Yellowtail Advice?.

No, just a 3/0 circle through the nose. Put the clicker on and troll 3-5 knots parallel to the kelp line but not too close. You don't...

Jun 23, 2016
  9. Jacob Fenter rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Yellowtail Advice?.

Jun 23, 2016
  10. ror_sal rated galen's post Helpful in the thread MB 3/7.

I switched to singles on most of my hardbaits, no major decline in hookup ratio. I too do not want to pull 6-9 barbs out of a bass. The...

Mar 9, 2016
  11. gordon rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Little bass and Qs.

I would try some jigs before I started butter flying baits.

Aug 8, 2015
  12. gordon rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Prep for first trip help please.

No need to fish 10lb on a cattle boat, 15lb minimum. You can get a spool of cheaper line for 8 or 9 bucks. I like a 2/0 or 3/0 for med...

Jul 16, 2015
  13. swings are free rated galen's post Helpful in the thread Prep for first trip help please.

No need to fish 10lb on a cattle boat, 15lb minimum. You can get a spool of cheaper line for 8 or 9 bucks. I like a 2/0 or 3/0 for med...

Jul 16, 2015
  14. Chris k rated galen's post Helpful in the thread June 3rd FIRST BASS!!!.

Awesome

Jun 8, 2015
  15. Chris k rated galen's post Helpful in the thread yellowtail?.

Have a 40lb rig ready to fly line a mackerel if there are any in the bait tank.

Apr 14, 2015
  16. STiCKY rated galen's post Helpful in the thread How to Supertune or at least flush bearings?.

Are you looking to increase freespool? If so, the spool shaft bearings can be unshielded. The covers on either side of the bearing are...

Mar 29, 2015
  17. Bryson Breedlove rated galen's post Helpful in the thread SD BAY MOUTH.

You heard it, drift only thru there. There is no anchoring in the boater's channel as you can imagine. Following a little further out,...

Mar 18, 2015
  18. wackyrig rated galen's post Helpful in the thread 1/10/15 Fishing with Lawman.

I went fishing today with Bill and his friend Bill Garber. We left Dana Landing at around 6:45 and headed out to the kelp south of...

Jan 10, 2015