Ratings gordon has given

1. gordon rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread How far Offshore?.

I would have to think the 200 mile international line would be it . If you are fishing off the coast of another country IE Mexico what...

May 2, 2021 at 7:35 PM
  2. gordon rated Kesepton's post Helpful in the thread Cuyamaca camping/fishig.

I always have reception up there with Verizon, but if its really important... youll have to decide if its worth it. I am thinking of...

Jul 30, 2020
  3. gordon rated Titos334's post Helpful in the thread 7/16 Carlsbad.

Solid fish! I mostly go surf fishing for Corbina and perch and most the action there is inside the breakers from the white water in to...

Jul 21, 2020
  4. gordon rated dj thrillz's post Helpful in the thread Shore Pounders bonus session!.

In our normal daily bass contests, the entry fee is usually a new pack of baits, jigheads, something bass fishing related. For this...

Jul 17, 2020
  5. gordon rated Cmepen's post Helpful in the thread finishing a gaff?.

X2 on what Hiram said. The cord you use will also effect the outcome. Some cord absorbes what you put on it more than others. I would...

Sep 27, 2017
  6. gordon rated Hirame's post Helpful in the thread finishing a gaff?.

I think epoxy glue would have worked better. I use flex coat on the binding and captain's varnish on the shaft

Sep 19, 2017
  7. gordon rated dj thrillz's post Helpful in the thread West basin marina fishin.

Tough fishing over there with plastics. It's a riot with GS tho

Mar 18, 2017
  8. gordon rated Cheese Whiz's post Helpful in the thread Kelp day 12-21.

Gordon, nice fish, glad I could help put you on some. I always enjoy helping people especially when they help the cause and post reports...

Dec 22, 2016
  9. gordon rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread LJ Kelp.

When drifting, management of current and wind is key. . If your boat isn't too big, tying off to the kelp is a viable option.. I would...

Dec 20, 2016
  10. gordon rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread ship wrecks?.

I assume you mean wreck alley, not U-238 or whatever? Wreck alley is largely a waste of time for most people, with a few exceptions. The...

Dec 1, 2016
  11. gordon rated Troy's post Helpful in the thread LA Sportboats?.

My buddy goes out of 22nd a lot likes it. They have some killer deals come up... 45 for 3/4 days sometimes and I think 145 for an...

Nov 16, 2016
  12. gordon rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread LA Sportboats?.

Overnights and day and a half runs to places like Santa Barbara Island, the Cortez and Tanner banks, etc are freaking awesome. Huge...

Nov 16, 2016
  13. gordon rated BruceSmith's post Helpful in the thread LA Sportboats?.

22nd street landing in San Pedro has boats running out to the Tanner right now, still catching 70 to 110 lb. bluefin tuna. The Freedom,...

Nov 16, 2016
  14. gordon rated evtrout's post Helpful in the thread clear section on tip of rod, what is it?.

I believe the tip is clear because it is fiberglass instead of carbon. Fiberglass gives the really soft tips that is super flexible.

Nov 10, 2016
  15. gordon rated Carterantebi's post Helpful in the thread Skiff and legal calico day.

Nice work! That's a corbina by the way, you can tell because corvina have two huge teeth and look like WSB, but smaller. The corbina are...

Oct 23, 2016
  16. gordon rated GutHooKeD's post Helpful in the thread Shimano reel repair?.

Send it to Shimano in irvine or drive up and drop it off. They will ship it back to you and will be able to get any part easily. I...

Jun 13, 2016
  17. gordon rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Garage Sale Find, Spooling Heavy Duty Reel Advice.

Dang.. nice score.. only way to really get that spooled is to take it in.. I wouldn't put 50 lb on a reel that big, since it holds more...

Jun 13, 2016
  18. gordon rated GutHooKeD's post Helpful in the thread Corbina Setup.

I haven't surf fished in a while. ..but I was using an 8ft 6in spinning rod rated 4 to 10#. I believe it was a steelhead rod. I would...

Jun 9, 2016