Ratings Jim V has given

1. Jim V rated Dylan 101's post Helpful in the thread Cap 1/29.

Put down the trout gear and went to the ol cap looking for a prespawn bite as I hear the water temps are pretty high from these warmer...

Feb 1, 2022
  2. Jim V rated VinnyBass's post Helpful in the thread City Lakes Monthly Closure Dates Reminder.

Just wanted to post this again just as a reminder of the monthly closure dates for the San Diego City Lakes. I stopped by Murray and...

Feb 1, 2022
  3. Jim V rated sleepinwiththefishies's post Helpful in the thread Diamond valley 4/2.

Yah he already threaten me in my PMs and threw in how “gay” I was. I honestly just wanted to post some cool info because DVL can be...

May 2, 2021
  4. Jim V rated big ed's post Helpful in the thread SV 10/14.

Brutal day on the water fun fishing w my buddy Jerry. First hour of day was best... we had quite a few bites on ds plastics only after...

Oct 17, 2017
  5. Jim V rated bgood's post Helpful in the thread Info.

Not sure, I haven't fished there in a while, but they are closed on Wednesdays.

Aug 8, 2017
  6. Jim V rated albatros's post Helpful in the thread San V 6/24.

Tough day at the office. Club tournament and winning weight was 9 pounds (not me). Very little top water, others that did bite were...

Jun 24, 2017
  7. Jim V rated Linebig's post Helpful in the thread Clear Lake Advice.

When we were there last year August the top water and blade bite early at the south end of the lake was amazing. Once the sun came over...

Jun 4, 2017
  8. Jim V rated Art's post Helpful in the thread LAKE PERRIS SUNDAY 4/30/17.

Yes for the most part, a steady retrieve is all that is required, however I myself like to pop it a little on my retrieve. During my...

May 2, 2017
  9. Jim V rated OG MUDBONE's post Helpful in the thread San V. Hot & Heavy 4/22.

Short report - fishes were biting. Been fishing DVL and decided to pay San V a visit today with a buddy. Haven't been since December so...

Apr 25, 2017
  10. Jim V rated Kellen's post Helpful in the thread Addressing skinny bass at San Vicente.

[ATTACH] I wrote this in response to all the concerns voiced here, and on social media about the state of the fish in San Vicente. I...

Oct 6, 2016
  11. Jim V rated Kellen's post Helpful in the thread San Vicente Map w/ GPS Coordinates.

Users requested a map of San Vicente in another thread, so I whipped one up. It's a work in progress, but does show the names and...

Oct 6, 2016
  12. Jim V rated John345's post Helpful in the thread Decent Motel in the area?.

You can stay at Pine Valley Inn Motel in Pine Valley. It's about 30 minutes from the lake. Has a huge parking lot. Rooms are very...

Sep 4, 2016
  13. Jim V rated Kellen's post Helpful in the thread Decent Motel in the area?.

I know the original poster isn't interested in camping, but I wanted to clarify if anyone else is considering camping for their San V...

Sep 1, 2016
  14. Jim V rated william Russell's post Helpful in the thread In Preparation for the Coming Weeks....

I spoke to Lori today, and she explained a California regulation which requires them to have x toilets for x people. So the problem is...

Aug 30, 2016
  15. Jim V rated RKMM's post Helpful in the thread San V..

I don't trust CWA estimates anymore, we're on...number 4? 5? And then they flat out lied to people that I referred to call about the...

Feb 6, 2016
  16. Jim V rated RKMM's post Helpful in the thread San V..

We're waiting to see when we open (when as in fish season or ski season) before we address this since water level and some other factors...

Feb 6, 2016