Ratings Joel has given

1. Joel rated seacitizen's post Like in the thread The Great Bonito Hunt 2019.

The weekend update: fished 10/27 from a seaforth skiff @ Coronado. It was “victory at bay" conditions with that stiff wind blowing; wind...

Oct 30, 2019
  2. Joel rated captwoody's post Like in the thread Spanish Landing 10/28 0700-1030.

Fished with Creek this morning using 6 weight 1[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] 50 grain 30 foot sink tip lines. I fished skinny...

Oct 30, 2019
  3. Joel rated Tomaso's post Like in the thread Fly fishin the IV.

Definitely a fun trip! We spent as much time laughing as we did fishing! Saw a lot of fish in the water, had plenty of follow ups,...

Oct 10, 2019
  4. Joel rated flyfishinsteve64's post Like in the thread Fly fishin the IV.

[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I try to keep my flies simple but if I keep getting out fished I may have to step up my fly tying...

Oct 10, 2019
  5. Joel rated CraigSmith's post Like in the thread Tomáso doesn’t need to go to Baja to catch nice ‘Vina.

Met up with Tomáso and Larry at Pepper park for a South Bay outing this morning. I was not well and almost bailed on the trip 3 times,...

Oct 9, 2019
  6. Joel rated ror_sal's post Like in the thread Need setup.

Ended up with a Reddington combo from Strouds. Haven’t had it out yet but itching.

Oct 9, 2019
  7. Joel rated CraigSmith's post Like in the thread The Great Bonito Hunt 2019.

Ya all late to the crease fly party :emoji_grinning: From 9 years ago...

Sep 20, 2019
  8. Joel rated Tomaso's post Like in the thread Back in town.

Hey, welcome back, amigo! We'll have to take a spin in the bay (or kelp) when I get back from Az.

Sep 19, 2019
  9. Joel rated CraigSmith's post Like in the thread Amphib Flats 9-15.

With Tomáso this morning. Picked some burritos, met Tomáso at his place about 0555 and launching at Pepper Park by 0630. Decided to...

Sep 16, 2019
  10. Joel rated CraigSmith's post Helpful in the thread A little kelp recon.

Tomaso and I did a bit of recon off Pt Loma this morning. Not much wind and mild swell. Launched about 0600. Kelp is still pretty...

May 22, 2017
  11. Joel rated old_rookie's post Helpful in the thread Getting a Yak.

Thank you for your service Joel Bay or kelp you can still fish it with a non pedal kayak. In the kelp you can grab a string (hopefully...

May 16, 2017
  12. Joel rated geofish's post Like in the thread HOW (Heroes On the Water) Event Today-Report - 5/13/17.

[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]

May 15, 2017
  13. Joel rated geofish's post Like in the thread HOW (Heroes On the Water) Event Today-Report - 5/13/17.

Heroes On the Water (HOW) is a non-profit veterans organization specializing in Kayak Fishing Trips for veterans and first responders...

May 15, 2017
  14. Joel rated Kellen's post Like in the thread What is Wrong With Sutherland.

Sutherland used to have a really good population of golden shiners, which was kind of neat since the other lakes didn't really have that...

May 15, 2017
  15. Joel rated BruceSmith's post Like in the thread What is Wrong With Sutherland.

It's tough for sure, but I've been scratching fish every week and with the fly rod to boot. 2 to 6 bass a trip. One day I actually had...

May 15, 2017
  16. Joel rated geofish's post Like in the thread The New Look.

Come back safely in one piece please! Thank you for your service!...

May 14, 2017
  17. Joel rated Fishin' Magician's post Like in the thread $600 budget... dilemmas..

A Malibu Stealth 12 is a great kayak as you can get the pump kit added and have a built in bait tank which is very handy. They're very...

May 14, 2017
  18. Joel rated Nute's post Like in the thread Networking!.

General contractor here. Everything from dirt to doorknobs. I personally specialize in custom framing and finish, but my crew can do...

May 14, 2017
  19. Joel rated Tomaso's post Like in the thread Lower Otay Crappie (3/29/17).

Decided to try some freshwater for a change. Met up with long-time fishing compadre Larry at Lower O yesterday morning. Had a tough...

May 14, 2017
  20. Joel rated Tomaso's post Like in the thread Hoping for bones, just got spots.

Cool looking fly! I'm not surprised the spotties liked it! Bonefish have been a bit scarce for me for the last few weeks as well. Was...

May 14, 2017