Ratings Nick Arevalo has given

1. Nick Arevalo rated Chriwilson's post Helpful in the thread How to keep fish from swallowing circle hooks.

Aki Twists are such an underutilized hook IMO They work well on the bottom critters as well [ATTACH]

Aug 26, 2021
  2. Nick Arevalo rated Tmaio123's post Helpful in the thread How to keep fish from swallowing circle hooks.

The looseness of your drag could also play a role. If the drag is too loose then there may not be enough tension on the line for the...

Aug 26, 2021
  3. Nick Arevalo rated fisheromen's post Helpful in the thread How to keep fish from swallowing circle hooks.

Go barbless! Then you can usually retrieve the hook without too much damage. Easier to get the hook out of those leathery lips also.

Aug 26, 2021
  4. Nick Arevalo rated dmorgan3's post Helpful in the thread How to keep fish from swallowing circle hooks.

Try setting the hook earlier. Hold the line between your forefinger and thumb to feel the bite sooner.

Aug 24, 2021
  5. Nick Arevalo rated Bear6813's post Helpful in the thread How to keep fish from swallowing circle hooks.

Try a larger hook and bigger baits. Thats how I keep the smaller guys from getting hooked and my train of thought is that a bigger ray...

Aug 24, 2021
  6. Nick Arevalo rated Jenx's post Helpful in the thread How to keep fish from swallowing circle hooks.

If you give the fish too much time it's going to chew up your bait and swallow it hook and all. I have gut hooked a couple of fish with...

Aug 24, 2021
  7. Nick Arevalo rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread How to keep fish from swallowing circle hooks.

Circle hooks lessen the chance but do not eliminate the chance of a swallow . In design the straight rather than offset circles are...

Aug 24, 2021
  8. Nick Arevalo rated VinnyBass's post Helpful in the thread Lake murray conditions?.

Not much water visibility there unless you are over near the boat ramp or in shallow water. The water is stained green mostly. It has...

Mar 30, 2021
  9. Nick Arevalo rated Noms's post Helpful in the thread Good bat bite tonight.

Good stuff. Went a few nights ago and it dead.

Mar 12, 2021
  10. Nick Arevalo rated B8DHOOK's post Helpful in the thread Reels that feel geary.

First thing that came to mind after just reading your head line, was my Curados.. funny I hadn’t even read the post yet. I bought a new...

Feb 12, 2021
  11. Nick Arevalo rated JV-Triton's post Helpful in the thread Reels that feel geary.

Pinion gear is super sensitive to any wear on the "teeth". I have a reel that I don't use as much because the salt had started to eat at...

Feb 12, 2021
  12. Nick Arevalo rated camobass's post Helpful in the thread Reels that feel geary.

Man, if you heard my 4/0 conversions with ss high speed gears, you’d think I was grinding coffee beans. WR hit the nail on the head....

Feb 11, 2021
  13. Nick Arevalo rated bendopolo's post Helpful in the thread Lake cuyamaca 12/20.

Just so you know, we get Crappie during snowstorms up at Arrowhead when the water temperature is in the low 40s. Small jigs, light line,...

Dec 21, 2020
  14. Nick Arevalo rated Tony Vegas's post Helpful in the thread Anyone ever fish El Cap from shore?.

Fished yesterday outta the inflatable for a good 4 n half hours. I didn't get a single bite. Didn't see a single fish up shallow on the...

Dec 16, 2020
  15. Nick Arevalo rated camobass's post Helpful in the thread Anyone ever fish El Cap from shore?.

....also, if you have no shame, a flylined crawler can be deadly for biggins. Lol

Dec 16, 2020
  16. Nick Arevalo rated camobass's post Helpful in the thread Anyone ever fish El Cap from shore?.

Fished the shore at Cap for years growing up. The whole arm from the buoy line to the point is good. Stitching plastics is the best bet...

Dec 16, 2020
  17. Nick Arevalo rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Gear for a full day..

The Penn Fathom is more durable and has a lower low gear, it’s a bit better bluefin reel it’s a lot more torque. The speed master lacks...

Sep 3, 2020
  18. Nick Arevalo rated Redjim's post Helpful in the thread Gear for a full day..

I have thrown flatfalls at boiling tunafish that are heavier than that. i would not hesitate to put that rod to work on mud marlin and...

Aug 29, 2020
  19. Nick Arevalo rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Gear for a full day..

No reason as why not to get a 25NLD2. Line will pack on a little easier and you and you get that low gear option if you ever run into...

Aug 27, 2020