Ratings Nick Arevalo has given

1. Nick Arevalo rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Harbor Island.

They have a lot milder flavor than YT. They are slightly oily like yellows though

Oct 8, 2022
  2. Nick Arevalo rated camobass's post Helpful in the thread Carolina rig vs reverse dropper loop.

3 way swivel is proven as well. Easy to adjust sinker depth, light sinker line so just the weight pops off on snags, ability to have...

Jul 23, 2022
  3. Nick Arevalo rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Carolina rig vs reverse dropper loop.

Hitch rig, IMO... And I never fish reverse or the dropper.

Jul 23, 2022
  4. Nick Arevalo rated skrilla's post Helpful in the thread Carolina rig vs reverse dropper loop.

Reverse dropper for drifting deeper waters or getting bigger baits down more efficiently with heavier weight. Less hardware but you...

Jul 23, 2022
  5. Nick Arevalo rated Jenx's post Helpful in the thread Carolina rig vs reverse dropper loop.

I'm with you on this one. I have never found the need to fish the reverse dropper. I have heard it mentioned a lot when targeting...

Jul 23, 2022
  6. Nick Arevalo rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread Carolina rig vs reverse dropper loop.

I have always figured the reverse dropper was to present the bait in a different section of the water column than the Carolina rig . The...

Jul 23, 2022
  7. Nick Arevalo rated Tmaio123's post Helpful in the thread Where are the mackerel?.

Plenty of macks at shelter island this evening

Jun 24, 2022
  8. Nick Arevalo rated Tony Vegas's post Helpful in the thread Surface Iron largemouth?.

Ive caught one on a surface iron before.... Passed by the river in Mission Valley one time and had a rod with me. All it had was a...

May 29, 2022
  9. Nick Arevalo rated Chriwilson's post Helpful in the thread How to keep fish from swallowing circle hooks.

Aki Twists are such an underutilized hook IMO They work well on the bottom critters as well [ATTACH]

Aug 26, 2021
  10. Nick Arevalo rated Tmaio123's post Helpful in the thread How to keep fish from swallowing circle hooks.

The looseness of your drag could also play a role. If the drag is too loose then there may not be enough tension on the line for the...

Aug 26, 2021
  11. Nick Arevalo rated fisheromen's post Helpful in the thread How to keep fish from swallowing circle hooks.

Go barbless! Then you can usually retrieve the hook without too much damage. Easier to get the hook out of those leathery lips also.

Aug 26, 2021
  12. Nick Arevalo rated dmorgan3's post Helpful in the thread How to keep fish from swallowing circle hooks.

Try setting the hook earlier. Hold the line between your forefinger and thumb to feel the bite sooner.

Aug 24, 2021
  13. Nick Arevalo rated Bear6813's post Helpful in the thread How to keep fish from swallowing circle hooks.

Try a larger hook and bigger baits. Thats how I keep the smaller guys from getting hooked and my train of thought is that a bigger ray...

Aug 24, 2021
  14. Nick Arevalo rated Jenx's post Helpful in the thread How to keep fish from swallowing circle hooks.

If you give the fish too much time it's going to chew up your bait and swallow it hook and all. I have gut hooked a couple of fish with...

Aug 24, 2021
  15. Nick Arevalo rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread How to keep fish from swallowing circle hooks.

Circle hooks lessen the chance but do not eliminate the chance of a swallow . In design the straight rather than offset circles are...

Aug 24, 2021
  16. Nick Arevalo rated VinnyBass's post Helpful in the thread Lake murray conditions?.

Not much water visibility there unless you are over near the boat ramp or in shallow water. The water is stained green mostly. It has...

Mar 30, 2021
  17. Nick Arevalo rated Noms's post Helpful in the thread Good bat bite tonight.

Good stuff. Went a few nights ago and it dead.

Mar 12, 2021
  18. Nick Arevalo rated B8DHOOK's post Helpful in the thread Reels that feel geary.

First thing that came to mind after just reading your head line, was my Curados.. funny I hadn’t even read the post yet. I bought a new...

Feb 12, 2021
  19. Nick Arevalo rated JV-Triton's post Helpful in the thread Reels that feel geary.

Pinion gear is super sensitive to any wear on the "teeth". I have a reel that I don't use as much because the salt had started to eat at...

Feb 12, 2021