Ratings old_rookie has given

1. old_rookie rated skrilla's post Helpful in the thread Rockfish Reg/limit changes for 2022.

I fished rockfish tagging trips years ago. Part of it was testing different descending devices. They all worked and they all had their...

Jan 6, 2022
  2. old_rookie rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread North county surf end of Dec?.

I would have to say the slow down due to temperature will be evident . The colors will be the same , surf smelt , will probably be the...

Nov 20, 2021
  3. old_rookie rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Is there an alternative to Lucky Craft?.

Hydro and SP minnows.. calissa is ok too, but the other two are cheaper.. SP has better action in my experience

Nov 9, 2021
  4. old_rookie rated InfernoVolpe's post Helpful in the thread Is there an alternative to Lucky Craft?.

Daiwa SP Minnows are a great alternative and can be had for under $10 online. Yo-zuri also makes minnows but they are definitely...

Nov 9, 2021
  5. old_rookie rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread Oil Spill?.

The area is expanding at a pretty rapid pace , received this DFW update . WR UPDATED CLOSURE DECLARATION AND MAP In consultation...

Oct 8, 2021
  6. old_rookie rated CraigSmith's post Helpful in the thread Non - Fishing Report… Safety First.

For lightning I use an app for the iPhone and iPad called iLightningCam2. There isn't and Android version. I think there is similar...

Sep 27, 2021
  7. old_rookie rated skrilla's post Helpful in the thread La Jolla Shores Calico.

It's about a 7/8th of a mile to get thru the reserve. Takes me about 15 minutes on average cruising along in fair weather. Here's some...

Jul 25, 2021
  8. old_rookie rated dj thrillz's post Helpful in the thread Species in Carlsbad surf?.

This surf fishing book written by Bill Varney is worth the read. [ATTACH] As far as everything else you’ve mentioned, yes to all ;)

Jun 26, 2021
  9. old_rookie rated Mike M's post Helpful in the thread Reintroducing myself.

Welcome back to the West Coast :) Soft shell crabs with the rig below are my favorites for So. Cal surf.[ATTACH]

Jun 15, 2021
  10. old_rookie rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread Torrance Beach Striper.

No size limit south of point conception . North of that mark 18 " WR

May 24, 2021
  11. old_rookie rated Midnightpass's post Helpful in the thread LJ 5/6 - Thanks to You Guys!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul5_e09fDa4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orKgoNNiLLE Butch

May 15, 2021
  12. old_rookie rated mattgulptosser's post Helpful in the thread Fishing Rocks.

Yep, a fast hookset and tight drag is necessary for sure. Another tip; sometimes after getting hung up, you can give your line some...

Apr 16, 2021
  13. old_rookie rated cort's post Helpful in the thread Electric cars - what's your take?.

We have a plugin hybrid, which I view as kind of the best of both worlds while the greater landscape is transitioning. It has a gas...

Apr 2, 2021
  14. old_rookie rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Mixed Bag.

Octopus=ling candy.. nice session

Apr 1, 2021
  15. old_rookie rated skrilla's post Helpful in the thread Fishing with Berkley gulp question.

Usually spit them out. Even if swallowed their digestive systems are pretty resilient. They swallow whole small clams all the time,...

Mar 24, 2021
  16. old_rookie rated Jenx's post Helpful in the thread Fishing with Berkley gulp question.

Considering how popular Gulp Sandworms are, I would think we would be seeing a lot of dead fish washing up if it was lethal to digest....

Mar 24, 2021
  17. old_rookie rated Chriwilson's post Helpful in the thread Fishing with Berkley gulp question.

On a side note, a Size 2 bait holder hook solves this issue...

Mar 24, 2021
  18. old_rookie rated Dionisiooh's post Helpful in the thread 3/23/2021 Coronado.

It’s a 9’2” 9’2”, 20lbs braid to 15lbs fluoro, and a fuego 2500.

Mar 24, 2021
  19. old_rookie rated velgonz's post Helpful in the thread Anyone every fish the beaches on Oahu?.

Last time I was there at Koolani hotel caught small fish. Don't get me wrong there were big fish (you can see them, water was very...

Mar 17, 2021
  20. old_rookie rated schuck's post Helpful in the thread Anyone every fish the beaches on Oahu?.

I mainly lurk here but actually can contribute to this thread. I've done a bunch of light tackle shore fishing on vacation on the Big...

Mar 16, 2021