Ratings old_rookie has given

1. old_rookie rated Linebig's post Helpful in the thread reel maintenance failure.

[ATTACH] This is from a master of reel service. Please trust hosing down reels is a bad idea. Shower, hose, sink, not good. Hit up the...

Aug 28, 2017
  2. old_rookie rated skrilla's post Helpful in the thread anchoring a kayak in open water.

I respectfully disagree. This method has often times lead to an awesome sleigh ride. Anchoring in open water is just not the most...

Aug 27, 2017
  3. old_rookie rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Endless supply.

Forget all these pansy traps you guys use.. Get a good, hard, sturdy trap. Personally, I suggest THIS ONE... Reuse until the trap...

Aug 22, 2017
  4. old_rookie rated Fishbreath's post Helpful in the thread Endless supply.

An infestation for sure. It might be something San Diego County Vector Control could help you with. Vector Control Program, (858)...

Aug 22, 2017
  5. old_rookie rated albayak's post Helpful in the thread anchoring a kayak in open water.

Hey mate, I anchor in 60ft + of water quite often in the kayak. I use a 3lb anchor and have a dive reel with 250ft of cord on it ($15...

Aug 21, 2017
  6. old_rookie rated kyle12345's post Helpful in the thread TP 8/16.

From the market. Frozen head-on. Basically the regular old shrimp you get at bait store. I used big chunks.

Aug 17, 2017
  7. old_rookie rated Jenx's post Helpful in the thread La Jolla fishing map (where to legally fish from the shore) **UPDATED 2021!.

I see a lot of new forum members asking where in La Jolla it is legal to fish, so I have created this thread with the hopes of clearing...

Aug 15, 2017
  8. old_rookie rated perch killer's post Helpful in the thread Sand Crab.

I like the mid size, big enough to cover a #6 or 4 hook. If the crabs are small, I'll double up. First choice are the ones with the...

Aug 14, 2017
  9. old_rookie rated Ram-Rod's post Helpful in the thread Lj 07.28.

I used to work at a food to go and had to process 20-40 macks a day. We used heavy duty scissors to cut the fins off, cut the throat and...

Aug 2, 2017
  10. old_rookie rated Cyjake111's post Helpful in the thread Finally, got my first time surf fishing in.

watch this very boring video. totally worth it. I was sipping on diet coke and petting my cat the entire time...

Jul 24, 2017
  11. old_rookie rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Another new guy.

All MB launches are free, as is all parking. If it were me, I would launch from the sand inside mariners point. Fish the buoy moorings,...

Jul 23, 2017
  12. old_rookie rated abastien40's post Helpful in the thread Scoring some eaters.

You can fillet the tail for most of the meat. I just sautéed the fish with lime, butter, and cilantro then pan fried it for some fish tacos!

Jul 18, 2017
  13. old_rookie rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Lj 07.13.. More of the same...

Yes you can

Jul 16, 2017
  14. old_rookie rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Surf fishing.

No size on striper south of pt concepcion.. 27.85 STRIPED BASS. (a) Open season: All year. (b) Limit: Two. (c) Minimum size: (1) North...

Jun 22, 2017
  15. old_rookie rated weldon's post Helpful in the thread Strap for glasses.

Check out Big 5 for sunglasses straps like Croakies

Jun 20, 2017
  16. old_rookie rated Ram-Rod's post Helpful in the thread Surf fishing.

He means that he used to use a caronlina rig for his LC110 to get it out there farther but now he just runs braid to swivel to leader to...

Jun 19, 2017
  17. old_rookie rated TreeCatcher's post Helpful in the thread Surf fishing.

I would run a one ounce weight then at least 3 ft of line with my lc. Snapped my first lucky craft. Then learned my lesson with a few...

Jun 19, 2017
  18. old_rookie rated geofish's post Helpful in the thread Keepers.

That's a great solution for the short run. You can reuse those packs a couple times. However, they do break or leak and whatever...

Jun 19, 2017
  19. old_rookie rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread LJ 06.07.

Was fishing south of the sewer pit, I mean childrens pool..

Jun 9, 2017