Ratings old_rookie has given

1. old_rookie rated schuck's post Helpful in the thread Anyone every fish the beaches on Oahu?.

I mainly lurk here but actually can contribute to this thread. I've done a bunch of light tackle shore fishing on vacation on the Big...

Mar 16, 2021
  2. old_rookie rated FishBait's post Helpful in the thread Anyone every fish the beaches on Oahu?.

Caught a lot of little guys like this on a Carolina rig with shrimp. This is close to turtle bay on the north shore. Shoot me a dm and...

Mar 15, 2021
  3. old_rookie rated ReelFishing's post Helpful in the thread Anyone every fish the beaches on Oahu?.

For snorkeling, I'm a fan of Kuilima Cove at the Turtle Bay Resort on the northernmost part of Oahu. Even on winter days, it's usually...

Mar 15, 2021
  4. old_rookie rated Big Money Jonah's post Helpful in the thread Anyone every fish the beaches on Oahu?.

If you’re out there in the Summer, or get lucky for a calm winter day or 2 (only 2 seasons there) , might want to hit up Papaoneone...

Mar 15, 2021
  5. old_rookie rated Big Money Jonah's post Helpful in the thread Anyone every fish the beaches on Oahu?.

I’ve spent a great deal of time fishing and diving Oahu. If you know a local, a real local, they can make sure you’re in the right...

Mar 15, 2021
  6. old_rookie rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Anyone every fish the beaches on Oahu?.

There are tons of little fish you can catch if you find a rocky area and use a small hook with shrimp..

Mar 15, 2021
  7. old_rookie rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Dooby Dooby Doo.

Use a nail on the three way or hitch rig...

Feb 11, 2021
  8. old_rookie rated gr33nshark777's post Helpful in the thread If fishing was an Olympic sport.

If fishing was an Olympic sport.....Krill Oil drenched on squid or shrimp "The Juice" This tactic has helped me catch fish on the piers...

Feb 8, 2021
  9. old_rookie rated mcfish's post Helpful in the thread Anglers beware....

Their claws are retracted when they walk. Those might just be mountain lion tracks![ATTACH]

Jan 30, 2021
  10. old_rookie rated tjthegreat1's post Helpful in the thread Shore Pounders winter/spring #2.

I hope she does too. Im no expert but ive read zinc and vitamin d helps a lot. Ill spread the word as much as I can!

Jan 26, 2021
  11. old_rookie rated fisheromen's post Helpful in the thread general knot question.

But they might be Boy Scouts! I would use heavy cable ties.

Jan 18, 2021
  12. old_rookie rated carpkiller's post Helpful in the thread general knot question.

I just used zip ties and replace every few trips. If you want to engineer something to attach 'em to on the back side, single tubes...

Jan 17, 2021
  13. old_rookie rated Neuroshima's post Helpful in the thread general knot question.

Clove hitch or davy knot might work.

Jan 16, 2021
  14. old_rookie rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread general knot question.

Fo the purpose you are doing why not stainless radiator hose clamps that can be tightened or loosened at will ? Just a thought. WR

Jan 16, 2021
  15. old_rookie rated dmorgan3's post Helpful in the thread general knot question.

If your intent is to put PVC tubes in a crate to use as rod holders, then use Velcro straps. Works great, much less expensive than...

Jan 16, 2021
  16. old_rookie rated Neuroshima's post Helpful in the thread Surf fishing beaches.

This footage of them eating helped me with my retrieve. [MEDIA]

Jan 14, 2021
  17. old_rookie rated Jenx's post Helpful in the thread Surf fishing beaches.

What Werfless said. You definitely want a long shank hook. I thread the hook through the lure, and try to get the point as close to the...

Jan 14, 2021
  18. old_rookie rated Larry M's post Helpful in the thread Car stereo installers.

I had Best Buy install a satellite radio and front and rear recording cameras and he did a nice job. The rear camera wasn’t working...

Jan 12, 2021
  19. old_rookie rated Winstondry's post Helpful in the thread Car stereo installers.

I had an aftermarket stereo deck installed in my car a few years back at San Diego Car Stereo on Convoy, very pricey but they did it...

Jan 12, 2021
  20. old_rookie rated RolloTomasi's post Helpful in the thread Kayak Newbie.

1. After watching (a) video(s) of (A) flipping your capsized kayak and (B) reentering your kayak, practice doing them. I capsized in...

Jan 7, 2021