Ratings old_rookie has given

1. old_rookie rated Mike M's post Helpful in the thread TORREY SPOTFINS - NONSTOP ACTION!!! August 4, 2020.

I'm convinced orange beads help get their attention.

Aug 5, 2020
  2. old_rookie rated Mike M's post Helpful in the thread Torrance Beach Sunday, August 2nd.

I've been varying the lengths and have settled on 6 to 8 inches from triple to the hook and 12 or so inches from triple to weight. I...

Aug 3, 2020
  3. old_rookie rated Mike M's post Helpful in the thread Torrance Beach Sunday, August 2nd.

Below is a diagram of my setup. The bead is on a small loop and rests near the hook. I think the bead was knotted in the photo. [ATTACH]

Aug 3, 2020
  4. old_rookie rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread North Jetty activity.

DrftEA_Mission Bay_Breakwater_Repair.pdf , long winded read proposed 2019 work to be done April thru August 2020 . If you can make it...

Jul 28, 2020
  5. old_rookie rated Mike M's post Helpful in the thread 7/16 Carlsbad.

Try putting multiple small/micro soft shell crabs on the hook. Just poke them in the center of the shell and stack them 2 or 3 at a...

Jul 21, 2020
  6. old_rookie rated perch killer's post Helpful in the thread 7/20/20 Mission Beach.... Meh.

Both parking lots are open but get there early.

Jul 20, 2020
  7. old_rookie rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread Del Mar 7/19.

TorreyPinesStateBeach.php This cam is on the Guard shack at the park entrance to TP ..

Jul 20, 2020
  8. old_rookie rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread NEOWISE Visits the neighborhood.

I have seen photos published that were taken with a 200 mm lens that looked really good It is pretty bright so no long exposures ....

Jul 16, 2020
  9. old_rookie rated JustBass's post Helpful in the thread Fishing flashlight recomendations.

I fish a lot at night and always have either red or green on at all time. The green is brighter than red, but both bright enough to...

Jul 9, 2020
  10. old_rookie rated F/V Shotgun's post Helpful in the thread First Whitesea Bass.

It was 7"white paddle tail.

Jul 8, 2020
  11. old_rookie rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread N. Jetty FYI.

Thanks for the report . Cool getting your first on a Kroc . Just to say I don't think the Krocodile is considered a top water bait . I...

Jun 29, 2020
  12. old_rookie rated Saltnewbie's post Helpful in the thread Blacks Beach 6/28.

That’s where we both parked. And took the service road.

Jun 29, 2020
  13. old_rookie rated Bassnbeans's post Helpful in the thread North TP - stinger.

FWIW that was total reflex, not aggression. I learned that very clearly when I decided to try eating a ray to see what they tasted...

Jun 28, 2020
  14. old_rookie rated TreeCatcher's post Helpful in the thread Landed a few.

Yea I did. I if you find reef that has eel grass, chances of any type of bass being there is solid.

Jun 26, 2020
  15. old_rookie rated Jenx's post Helpful in the thread bait takers in the surf question.

You might be using too big of crabs. I don't know if you have sausage fingers or not, so it's hard to determine how big the crab is...

Jun 23, 2020
  16. old_rookie rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread bait takers in the surf question.

Knowing you will get many answers to the same question . Heres my take on it . When looking at the shell portion of the bait towards...

Jun 23, 2020
  17. old_rookie rated Dry Fly Rie's post Helpful in the thread bait takers in the surf question.

+1 on smaller hooks and smaller crabs. I always avoid the big crabs for this reason. I prefer a #6 hook with 2-3 smaller crabs mashed...

Jun 23, 2020
  18. old_rookie rated Easy619's post Helpful in the thread 6/15 OB.

[ATTACH]

Jun 15, 2020