Ratings Ron Groth has given

1. Ron Groth rated Ignotus619's post Agree in the thread SD river shutdown.

I fished sd river today and it was packed, bunch of tubers and yakers. Probably a matter of time before they close that too :/

Apr 4, 2020
  2. Ron Groth rated CraigSmith's post Like in the thread Anywhere legal to fish?.

There are some pretty decent private ponds around the county. Some big enough to tube. If you happen to know a property owner or...

Apr 4, 2020
  3. Ron Groth rated Joel's post Like in the thread A little kelp recon.

Thanks Craig - it is great to live vicariously through you and Tom while I sit here in a sand storm.

Jun 12, 2017
  4. Ron Groth rated frenchy's post Like in the thread SPOTTY COVE ......

.......Hey Ron ...You are correct , was out yesterday and found some halibut chasing these 2 colors and even 1 strike ....nothing landed...

May 5, 2017
  5. Ron Groth rated Tomaso's post Like in the thread Hoping for bones, just got spots.

Cool looking fly! I'm not surprised the spotties liked it! Bonefish have been a bit scarce for me for the last few weeks as well. Was...

May 5, 2017
  6. Ron Groth rated Tadyhawk's post Like in the thread 3/18/2017 Mission Bay; First time flying it!.

FINALLY got the chance to hit up Mission Bay to fly fish for my first time! I had a blast catching and learning new things to the...

Mar 20, 2017
  7. Ron Groth rated Vito1023's post Like in the thread Best Colors in the Bays and Surf.

This is a very interesting subject to follow that I know nothing about but I had to chime in that I have seen and heard of WD 40 working...

Mar 14, 2017
  8. Ron Groth rated CraigSmith's post Like in the thread Best Colors in the Bays and Surf.

Great comment Ron! In some circles the whole scent thing is kind of almost a pseudo religion based on fact and/or anecdotal evidence....

Mar 14, 2017
  9. Ron Groth rated CraigSmith's post Like in the thread South SD Bay 10/18.

Hit south San Diego bay today with Tomaso. Fishing was a bit better than some recent outings there. Found good numbers of bass with...

Oct 19, 2015
  10. Ron Groth rated dooolan's post Like in the thread 5/13 Skagit on SD River.

Man, look how camoflauge that sucker is.

May 15, 2015
  11. Ron Groth rated Sheepdog8404's post Like in the thread 5/13 Skagit on SD River.

I almost went out that day to fish the rivermouth too! Nice work on the butts. You'll hook into one of those legal boys soon enough.

May 15, 2015
  12. Ron Groth rated Sheepdog8404's post Like in the thread SD Bay 5/8.

Gotta make do with what ya got, Right?

May 15, 2015
  13. Ron Groth rated InRodWeTrust's post Like in the thread SD Bay 5/8.

At least you had beer. Fish or buzz? You're gonna catch one....sometimes both.

May 15, 2015
  14. Ron Groth rated dooolan's post Like in the thread Skagit on the SD River.

Hahaha, cool

May 8, 2015
  15. Ron Groth rated Sheepdog8404's post Like in the thread Skagit on the SD River.

Nice! When I first started fly fishing the rivermouth, I thought it would be a great place to at least practice spey casting. That's...

May 8, 2015
  16. Ron Groth rated NCTOADSLAYERZ's post Like in the thread SD Bay 5/7.

@Ron Groth You can launch from Kellogg Beach or the beach west of Shelter Island Launch ramp. I usually just launch from the rocks tho

May 8, 2015