Ratings Vito1023 has given

1. Vito1023 rated 5-20's post Helpful in the thread Full day, last few questions?.

Yep, it can be easy to get a little too excited in the middle of a hot bite and forget to check your drag and do some of these little...

Nov 13, 2019
  2. Vito1023 rated DPevin's post Helpful in the thread Full day, last few questions?.

On that note...Have the deckhands set your drag. If you are fishing 20# or 25#, set the drag for the line test...then back it off a bit...

Nov 13, 2019
  3. Vito1023 rated 5-20's post Helpful in the thread Full day, last few questions?.

The bait has been a little better lately. You probably can fish #30 to start with and even get away with #40 if the bite goes wide open....

Nov 13, 2019
  4. Vito1023 rated Fat Spottie's post Helpful in the thread Setups for a Full Day.

Have a set up with 20lb, a set up with 30lb, and a set up with 40lb. leave the 15 at home if they are chewing this well. Bring some...

Nov 13, 2019
  5. Vito1023 rated DPevin's post Helpful in the thread Setups for a Full Day.

My buddy was on the san diego saturday....he did't touch his bait rod. Got 8, with 2 on colt snipers and the rest on poppers. Bait was...

Nov 12, 2019
  6. Vito1023 rated HK_Supermarket's post Helpful in the thread Help SD Tackle Traders!.

in kearny mesa on convoy right behind 99 ranch market. I got my first salt water set-up from them. You have to call or text to make...

Nov 9, 2019
  7. Vito1023 rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread Braid to mono or fl knot....

Leaders under 4 feet use a swivel if worried about the knot / Guide thing . The knot depending on the Line diameter and the guide size...

Nov 3, 2019
  8. Vito1023 rated HopTag's post Helpful in the thread Yellowtail at OB Pier?.

It's very close to gulp sandworms but a skinnier Japan brand I found on Amazon. It appears to be berkly gulp but they aren't as thick as...

Oct 24, 2019
  9. Vito1023 rated justinjoy's post Helpful in the thread Full day boat questions.

What worked for me was 20lb flora leader and number 4 hooks, if the fish are finicky. Some folks even went to 15lb flora. I would do a...

Oct 22, 2019
  10. Vito1023 rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Spinning reel upgrade.

I would say the 40 has slightly more capacity than a 4k size Shimano, a bit less capacity than a 3000 size sharky, probably closer to a...

Oct 19, 2019
  11. Vito1023 rated Yella1's post Helpful in the thread Advice needed.

Agreed. The basic principles are the same. Choose the liveliest bait you can, and butt-hook it (ask deckhand to show you) Cast...

Oct 17, 2019
  12. Vito1023 rated weldon's post Helpful in the thread Gloves for when its slightly chilly.

Go to the Tackle store at Lake Poway and get a pair of Glacier Gloves. Neoprene on top and waterproof rubberized palms with half fingers...

Oct 17, 2019
  13. Vito1023 rated K-Bo Smack's post Helpful in the thread OH YA! Can’t wait to throw these!.

I caught a couple school sized beans on some imported crabs that I brought to my first Shore Pounder event. The event was on Mission...

Oct 17, 2019
  14. Vito1023 rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Spinning reel upgrade.

I had the predecessor to this reel series in constant service for 16 months I think? I haven't even put line on these yet. Okuma sizes...

Oct 15, 2019
  15. Vito1023 rated Egorham's post Helpful in the thread California Fishing News.

Hey SDFish, I recently started a new youtube video and podcast called California Fishing News. The idea is it's a weekly show where I...

Oct 14, 2019
  16. Vito1023 rated HopTag's post Helpful in the thread Surf fishing question..

Get 1 to 2 ounce flat coin style sinkers/weights. Tie a couple dropper loops 12 inches and 20 inches from the weight. Use squid or kalis...

Oct 12, 2019
  17. Vito1023 rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread Surf fishing question..

This time of year the tourism falls off dramatically . Surfers are the main obstruction at some of the close in reef areas . Watch the...

Oct 9, 2019
  18. Vito1023 rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread Spinning reel upgrade.

Solid reels, pretty smooth, good money value, grease the drags with some Cal's on these and other less expensive reels, and sometimes...

Oct 9, 2019
  19. Vito1023 rated William Ritchie's post Helpful in the thread Baitcaster!.

Dylan 101 I think you need to realize that shielded vs sealed are two different bearings , shields just keep the big stuff out but...

Oct 3, 2019
  20. Vito1023 rated Werfless's post Helpful in the thread San Diego 10/1.

geofish , pitching a dead bait can sometimes be used to bypass the skippies too...

Oct 3, 2019