10/1- Yard work or Murray?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Reports' started by VinnyBass, Oct 1, 2021.

1. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,918
    I had to take care of some personal business in the morning so I had not planned to fish today. Well...everything was finished and it was a little before 10 a.m.. I had a snack and walked out into the back yard. I figured I could do a little much needed yard work, but suddenly the thought of heading over to Murray in my kayak for a few hours seemed like more fun. Did not take much tackle as I was in a rush as it was already a very late start. I even ran while pulling my kayak to the launch ramp. Finally on the water I settled down. Water temp was 75-76 degrees...cooler than in the 80s a few weeks back. I worked the tulles with craw-baits, senkos and other plastic worms. Missed a couple opportunities( I was working the tulles too fast) but was able to pick up a few bass. Then later caught a couple dinks on a small fluke that were on the surface chasing bait. Picked up 2 more dinks on senkos off a point and headed home. It was a rush heading out late and fishing probably a little too fast, but still had some fun. Next trip I will prepare the night before...ha ha. I guess I will do yard work tomorrow.....or will I? :)

A few pics....
    oct 1 murray .PNG murray  oct 1. 2.PNG oct 1 #3.PNG
    This one below I believe broke mcfish's line 3 years ago and he swore it
    was a pig....ha ha
    mcfish bass oct 1.PNG

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  2. Bigpondonly

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +157
    You could always hire a gardener!!! Great report as always Vinny!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Big C

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +637
    Yard work or bass fishing? That’s a tough decision. You made the right one. Nice angling. Is that the famous Tokyo rig craw?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,918
    Yes Big C .....that was the Tokyo rig. At least you can identify it which is nice while mcfish refuses to acknowledge it...ha ha Just kidding mcfish!
    Hey.. Big C caught a nice bass at Barrett and told me you were clicking on memes all day in the Lounge... :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  5. Big C

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +637
    Hey, this is an informative and entertaining fishing report. Don’t mention the L word.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,918
    Lucky? I was pretty lucky. :)

7. mcfish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,374
    Boat:
    fisher marine18
    Nice fish Tokyo Vinny! Ha, make fun of me when I'm 400 miles away......

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. RamonaAngler

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,120
    Boat:
    Yes
    Nice morning session for you Vinny. So, you doing yard work today?:emoji_open_mouth: Thanks for the report and pics, as always.

9. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,918
    Thanks Brett. Actually I will be doing some yard work and no fishing today. But that won't stop me from going into my garage a dozen times today to look at my gear, organize some more tackle, change some line on some reels...etc. Later I will find time to somehow later end up at ECBT or Angler's Arsenal in Lakeside to just look around(and maybe just pick up a few more things to add to what I already have in my garage). :)

10. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,918
    If you ever came down to Murray I would be very polite to you in respect for your great fishing skills and your kind and gentle personality which somehow changes when you lose a big fish and you transform in to a screaming mad man like all of us do...:)
    Tight lines

#10 VinnyBass, Oct 2, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  11. tsugg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Name:
    Tom
    Boat:
    alumacraft 165
    . "I had a snack and walked out into the back yard but suddenly the thought of sleep seemed like more fun"I fell asleep in some tall grass(which hadn't been mowed),I dreamed I was surrounded by beautiful female bass sitting tullies and I had their favorite snack,a tokyo rig,I called to big bertha,she turned and gave me a wink. I knew what the wink meant,Ok Vincent I'll bite then you take a picture then release me gently back to the tullies. As I continued to dream, I was a leaping gnome surrounded by big naked bass and they were calling my name! Vincent,Vincent! please take our picture again! Suddenly the sheriff chopper flew overhead very low and it startled me back awake and the lawn was still very long and my girlfriend was asking me from the kitchen, " are you done mowing the lawn yet ? BTW great looking fat bass. Well done again.

12. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,918
    You are a heck of a good writer! I was very impressed!
    I sat back and your words painted the picture until the Sheriff chopper flew over part and Deb actually said "you should do the yard work early before it gets too hot" as I just came back from re-stringing 2 reels with new line in the garage...ha ha. OK...I am heading out to get some stuff done in the backyard. :)

13. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,918
    Tokyo Vinny?
    Funny.... :)
    McRobofish could be your nickname... ha ha

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List