1. Last day to order

Your time is almost up to order our new "Big Bass Republic" shirts, celebrating California's reputation as the big bass king of the US. Available in UPFs (sun protection shirts), performance sweatshirts, short sleeve performance tees, and long sleeve performance tees.

More Info

Dismiss Notice
  2. Last chance to order SDFISH hats

Today is the last day to get your order in for these new SDFish trucker hats! Available in 3 colors, with the SDFish logo embroidered across the front of a high quality Richardson 112 snapback trucker.

Check em out

Dismiss Notice

100 SBB from the bay. Possible?

Discussion in 'Bay fishing' started by mick, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Charles

Charles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466
    I am sure it would have swallowed a swimbait tail or two.

2. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,378
    What ever! The whole thread doesn't read like a joke. You defended your comments a few times before trying to play it off as a joke.

3. GutHooKeD

GutHooKeD The Cashmere Panda, AKA the Bamboo Boss...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,618
    Name:
    Keith
    Boat:
    14ft skiff
    In what manner is my rapping response not humorous? Good God, just let it be, and go back to the carp fishing forum

4. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,743
    Boat:
    3 too many
    What is ridiculous is that some guy is going to say catching a hundred bass is impossible, then slap a bunch of rules on it to make it less likely, after which you loudly talk about how right you were to call out some other fisherman about his claimed numbers....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Fritzy

Fritzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61
    I think fishing should be about fun not some competition that has the potential to harm the fishery....just my two cents.

#85 Fritzy, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2017
  6. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +149
    I have caught >50 fish in the bay lots of times but could not be just one fish as the size varied. Could have been a tag team of various sized fish following me around for just the honor of being caught, kind of like a WWE tag team of masochistic fish. But I would not bet on it. FYI, none of the fish appeared to be on steroids.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. rockzilla

rockzilla Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Caught and released 60 (mix of sandbass and spotties) in Alamitos Bay in four hours the other day with my wife. ;)

8. stoned-trout

stoned-trout If it smells like fish
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,026
    Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    kayak velocity 13 ft
    I could prob do it on an exceptional day..but if I medicate I tend to loose count around 35 and just enjoy fishing

9. iyhuckleberry

iyhuckleberry Member

Ratings:
    +62
    so, what would be the value of this scam? i mean i understand what you are saying, but who would do this over the elusive and rare spotted bay bass?

I mean is it really so hard for people to catch bay bass that they would engineer a somewhat elaborate scheme to 'steal peoples spots and baits'??

10. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,743
    Boat:
    3 too many
    Bay bass are so incredible, apparently it's cut throat competition among the greatest anglers in the world to hook one. So much so, that you can call out every anglers' numbers as BS in the newspaper, and then slap some ridiculous rules on them basically ensuring that they can't meet your demands within four hours. Then you can get on top of the coop and crow away about how right you were when it's all over.. Yeah..