11/16/19 el cap

Discussion in 'Bass' started by tsugg, Nov 18, 2019.

1. tsugg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,475
    Name:
    Tom
    Boat:
    alumacraft 165
    Great Lake so much cover to fish! Better results(not by much!) Hayden got a nice 2.91 lber and I avoided the stripe with a 12” clone. Both fish came on Zman crawz Hayden’s fish bit on the beach in 1’ of water and mine came off some deep structure in 20’ of water.
    On a side note, I was watching my bait on the fish finder at San Vee a month ago in 20’ of water and I realized the area of the bottom that the FF shows is not that large( maybe 10’ or so). So I called garmin and asked about other transducers with a wider cone angle. The tech told me about a Garmin GT52HW-TM that is better suited for under 75’ of water fishing. It has a much wider cone angle and higher power than my GT51 that I bought with the FF. So I bought one and installed it last week and we got to play with it at el cap last Saturday. What a difference!! Crystal clear images on side scan and beautiful arches on traditional scan. I know, I know you’re saying “well then why didn’t they catch more fish”. I don’t know why we didn’t fill the boat,but we’re going back to San Vee next Saturday just to look at all that structure!!!!! And hopefully catch some

6D37E3B5-91FA-4862-AA6C-D14750B1587D.jpeg

2. fish4bass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +709
    Nice job tsugg. One of my favorite lakes. Haven't been able to get the boat wet lately but its nice to see you out there making me jealous. Keep up the good work.

3. tsugg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,475
    Name:
    Tom
    Boat:
    alumacraft 165
    Thanks!!