Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Roncador, Feb 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyle12345

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,116
    Name:
    Kyle
    As an immigrant yourself, how can you refer to others as "hordes" as though they are barbarians at the gate? I am no immigration judge to be sure, but what differentiates you from them, both of you just wanting a better life.

#101 kyle12345, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. ColdEye

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +357
    Obviously because he has not been tainted by the Devil's Lettuce.

3. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,531
    I always screw up the threads I apologize...but if anybody’s interested I saw a couple bottles of zima on the shelf at the world market in La Jolla

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  4. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,793
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Reputed to be the KING! Tap or filtered water?

5. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,531
    Dirty Tijuana rusty faucet water...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  6. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,239
    Most drugs don't stay in your system for more then 48 hours. THC is fat soluble and is stored in your bodies fat cells. The body fat and metabolism of the person determines how long it stays in your system. After a few hours the psychoactive properties wear off. It's not like you're high for a month after smoking. Cannabis has been used for a long time we have seen the negative effects by now. We know it can cause issues if used as the brain develops.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Tommy Chang

Tommy Chang sicka than your average.
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,263
    Boat:
    almost. back.
    lol which is every ****n person that has ever used it

8. plako

plako Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +467
    There are four major differences between me and these hordes of "asylum" seekers:
    1. I could cross the border quite easily ILLEGALLY 7 years before I actually did it LEGALLY since to come in this great country by breaking the law was unthinkable and would be disrespectful
    2. I was seeking continuation and further development of my high-tech career, NOT looking to ripe benefits and seek entitlements that I didn't deserve in any way.
    3. I was willing to join USA and become an American, I was admitted as a permanent resident in 2002 in the class of "Outstanding Researcher", not with the more traditional Labor Certification class and since 2007 I'm a proud American citizen voting in every election even knowing that my vote will not change anything, not looking to re-establish my country customs here. Multiculturalism is plain wrong and very different from what was the traditional melting pot.
    4. The only people that that came with me were my wife and daughter. Both are highly valued professionals that along with me contributed far more in all kinds of taxes without getting directly any benefits. No chain migration here of any kind.

From purely economic prospective, this great country needs much more emigrants like me and doesn't need any of those uneducated leeches from the caravans, carrying dangerous diseases and serving as covers for criminals, drug-dealers, and human traffickers. Sorry, no compassion here for the clear abusers of the asylum system. Many "asylum" seekers in TJ openly set their price to abandon their claims - $55K/person. Guess how long before they return for more if given now. True asylum seekers are free to apply in Mexico and were offered generous means for integration by AMLO in a country with a culture and language almost identical to what they have "lost".
    I may give some help for those really needy but NOT mandatory through my taxes. Those supporting illegals probably don't realize that they are robbing my labor fruits through tax revenue redirected to support these illegals. Please, play nice and support any illegal you want with your OWN money, NOT at my expense.

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  9. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,531
    Hahaha..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. ScubaLee03

ScubaLee03 Real Estate Broker
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,078
  11. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +39,863
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
  12. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,793
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    What about if the brain is headed the other way? Couldn't hurt, right? :emoji_grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. kciuchta

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,457
    Name:
    Kenny
    Colorado needs all the help they can get. Medicate them before they snap.

14. ScubaLee03

ScubaLee03 Real Estate Broker
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,078
    Sure is interesting anytime there’s news about people gaining more freedom over the state.

Maybe the world can do better with less of the seven deadly sins and if magic mushrooms can help in altering the mind, why not?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. flyfishinsteve64

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,251
    Boat:
    2017Crestliner VT-17
    Depression is a horrible thing. Hard to control.

16. SurfHooks

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +330

Can you honestly say you know what it personally feels like to go hungry or be truly afraid of the uncertainty on what tomorrow may bring. Walk in those mans shoes then let me know how you really feel. You will not find an answer to this question in a book.

Are your parents and family members still plugged into the same privilege and access you had in your homeland?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. flyfishinsteve64

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,251
    Boat:
    2017Crestliner VT-17
    Oh stop We let more people into this country and feed them cloth them set them up with a car and a house. Which other country does that. We can only do so much and this country does a lot for the world.

Send them your money

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. plako

plako Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +467
    Several times, I seems to have chosen among the hardest ways to immigrate compared to others. I could just walk in the USA for years, there was no one to stop me. Yet, I have chosen the legal ways because I do respect the legal foundations of this country and wanted a legal way to become an American, proud with its inheritance. Among which I value the most the example set for freedom by the Founding Fathers.
    While you are just speculating. If this was the case, those seeking protection and chance for a new life would simply accept the generous offers for political asylum from AMLO and stay in Mexico, perhaps not too far from the border with their country, ready when conditions change and it is safe to return. This is the traditional pattern for true political immigrants. Oh yeah, in Mexico they'll have to work hard and not rely on generous welfare originally intended for the natives. Isn't it far more lucrative to "borrow" someone's children, bring all here and seek "asylum" as a family? Don't you know that INS started DNA tests because of this massive fraud? Of course, you are free to bring and support completely anyone on your own expense, NOT with my taxes which amounts to a legalized theft.

My family history and being are not a subject of this discussion, period. But for the record, both my parents are passed away and my siblings work and pay taxes just as we do here and come only for visiting, no chain migration here.

19. SurfHooks

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +330
    You did it it the right way because you had the knowledge and money to do so, period. You are smart enough to understand that you will not have an issue because of your money and privilege. It would have been foolish and risky for you to do it another way. I am not blaming nor condemning you because you have enjoyed "access" that many in this world simply do not have.

Humans are animals to. If either one of us were were truly depraved, starving and scared what would we do? Remember, we have no money, education privilege or access now. You have no idea what it is like to be in that state of mind. Nor do I. Its like telling someone what it feels like to be a father/parent who has no child. You can not know that until you have experienced it.

We take advantage of Mexico all the time. We love their cheap labor and logistical routes which deliver our cocaine. What comes around goes around. We are absolutely exploiting them as much as the bad ones are trying to game our system.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. flyfishinsteve64

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,251
    Boat:
    2017Crestliner VT-17
    Dude you not only swallowed the pill you swallowed the entire bottle. You are correct we are animals and if I was starving I would eat your #ss, and if you were scared it would make it that much easier. Personally I invest in Mexico every time I have gone down for the past 30 years. I have also paid day laborers and they sent some of the money home which accounts for large portion of the country income. Look at our country's population. What percentage is Hispanic and where did they come from.

SurfHooks do some research. Don't just repeat what you hear from your circle of friends and family. We can't save the whole world. There is just to many poor and starving people in the world. Just a guess, 4 billion people could use our help probably more. Who do we leave behind?

Good luck to you

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.