2014 San Diego Padres

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kellen, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,855
    Don't go to any Chargers games please ;)

2. bajacamp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +626
    Yeah, my record for Padres games is 1 out of and 9 this year. No Chargers games for me this year I'll watch them on the tube............

3. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,735
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Yeah, I'm not superstitious, but if my track record means anything, I too will watch from my living room. I would NEVER pay those prices anyway. If everyone was like me, in their spending, two industries would go broke: new car dealerships and professional sports.

4. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,855
    I'm not a huge fan of live sporting events either. I always feel like I miss too much when I'm there in person. Its just better on TV.

5. bajacamp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +626
    Not to smart Everth Cabrera, he was arrested Wednesday for DUI of weed...........

6. Big_Iner

Big_Iner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28
    That's some bs right there. Cop was just being a dick .that dude is a elite level athlete if he can burn a wheel and still make those diving stops he can definitely drive the whip with one arm like Jim Abbott

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

7. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,855
    Not smart at all...that is going to be a longggggg suspension with his past.

8. bajacamp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +626
    Guess I'm just a die hard fan, just finished watching the Padres get shut out for the 17 time this season, a 3 hitter in of all places Colorado......... After hearing the news of Ron Washington resigning in Texas. I can't help but thinking he might be the our next Padre manager.........Just waiting for Monday Night.....

9. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,855
    With only a few games left, time to put a bow on how terrible these Padres hitters were this year. Historically terrible.

Last (30/30) in all of MLB in;
    • Runs
    • Hits
    • Doubles
    • Total Bases (WAYYYYYYYYYY behind in last place)
    • RBIs
    • AVG
    • OBP
    • SLG
    • OPS
    In fact the ONLY major batting stat that they're not LAST in is triples, which they're a top 10 team actually.

10. amsuarez86

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +594
  11. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,735
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    So our team this year was one for the record books!

12. bajacamp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +626
    Yeah, looks like record lows for the team batting. They did win a record high 48 home games this year at Petco. Thanks to the pitchers.....We need to focus on Bats in the offseason.......

13. avid_basser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +517
    We need to focus on keeping our players. We're a great farm team to MLB. We scout these great players, then they swooped up by teams w/ $.

I'm tired of watching this, they need to up the ante for those that are worth the pay.

14. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,735
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Ah, one of my pet peeves! None of them are worth the pay they get. It is downright immoral the money that goes into professional sports. Just think of the good that money could in industries that actually produce or serve. I know, someone will bring up advertising and merchandising and the entertainment value. I believe ALL of it is incredibly overblown.

Do I enjoy a game now and then? Yes, but if everybody watched sports like I do, the salaries would be in line with the rest of us.

And the Football players crying and blaming the NFL for their injuries... don't get me started!

15. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,855
    That's dead on. Most people watch more sports than you, so the salaries are higher ;).

I have absolutely zero problem with salaries of ANY position on earth. Its naturally balanced...if the job is tough, or no one wants to do it, and it generates revenue, you'll be paid well. If you're doing a job that anyone can do, well...you won't be paid much for it.

Athletes are elite. Everyone wants their job, but only they are good enough at their craft to get it. The rest of us that aren't good enough love to watch them do their thing...so they should be compensated for it. If they made 40k per year, they'd be selling cars or something and pro sports wouldn't be any fun for the rest of us.

16. bajacamp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +626
    Now that the Padres season is over and it time for the play-offs and since they aren't in it...... Again. I really don't care who wins as long as the Dodgers Lose. My finale words for the 2014 baseball season is BEAT LA.......................

17. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,855
    Some cool teams in the playoffs this year. It would be cool to see most of these teams win. I guess I would be rooting against the Dodgers and Giants, and thats about it.

Royals, As, Orioles all would make good stories if they were to win.

18. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,855
    Padres fired Phil Plantier, hitting coach. The next guy will be the 7th hitting coach in 11 seasons.

So, is it an impossible job to excel at, or have the guys they've hired just done a bad job?