2014 San Diego Padres

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kellen, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amsuarez86

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +594
    Please tell me you are from Los Angeles. PLEASE. I WILL NEVER EVER root for any team that isnt from SD.

Born and raised and I will stay faithful til the day I de.

Its funny to me because everyone from San Diego loves to brag about everything this City has to offer. But when it comes to sports everyone loses their allegiance.

2. bajacamp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +626
    Hi Big-Iner, I'v been away from the computer for a few days and just seen your post. I appreciate your love for your team. I just want to say I would NEVER NEVER NEVER root for a L.A. team. Win or lose Padres, Chargers, Aztecs...........

3. Big_Iner

Big_Iner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Yea I hear you Baja I have lived in sd for 10 years now ,but I don't dislike the Padres I enjoy going to petco and watching games even if there not playing the Dodgers.and I'm a kings fan,not a raiders or Lakers impartiality.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

4. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,856
    I like the Angels a bit, I guess just because of Mike Trout. I kind of feel like if I don't want Trout play as much as possible, I'll regret it later.

But I'll never like the Dodgers. If they win a championship in my lifetime I'll be upset about it. Same with the Raiders.

5. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,856
    Of the 9 candidates for their open GM position, 4 of them declined the invite to interview. Pretty telling when almost 50% of these guys (whose dream is probably to become a MLB GM) are not interested in even exploring that option with the Padres.

I always wished I knew the reputation of the Padres from INSIDE baseball. Same with the Chargers. I don't think that ever leaks to the public, just what the majority within the sport actually think of the franchise and its ownership/leadership.

6. bajacamp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +626
    Thanks for the all-star break. Our hitter need a good long rest.....I'm ready for the Bolt's...............

7. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,856
    That Home Run Derby tonight was pretty weak...outside of Cespedes, no one was consistent. Stanton did hit a few impressive shots, but then went 0-fer in his next round?!?!

Bring back PEDs :p

8. amsuarez86

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +594
    Stanton has some extremely impressive power! I am so glad that hot dog Puig was terrrrrible! Hes talented, but he is a showboat!

9. Big_Iner

Ratings:
    +28
    Looks like kennedy might be going to the angels.I went to the ball game in LA on sat Kennedy pitched pretty desent about as good as our #5 guy so I'm sure the Padres will get something good for him. ;)

10. bajacamp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +626
    I have not heard any thing about a deal with the Angles. I'm dreaming now but what about Kennedy for Mike Trout. I know that will never happen..........

11. gatorfan

gatorfan USN BMC (ret)
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +610

Dreaming? lol That would have to be some serious drug induced sleep right there!

I actually read something on ESPN last week about a trade with the Angels that included Street and Grandal...

12. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,819
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Now Headley is gone. Zero offense now! What are they thinking? Haven't paid attention lately... did he go into a major slump or is it just the Padres being the Padres?

13. Big_Iner

Ratings:
    +28
    He has been pretty unproductive all year really. And Huston street is gone. Guess there banking on Seth Smith and maybin to carry the team

14. bajacamp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +626
    In eight seasons with Padres he had a .266 B.A., 87 H.R., 401 R.B.I. in 908 games. For the money he was getting he not worth it. I like Chase Headley good luck to him with the Yankees, he has a chance to go to the play-offs..........

15. Big_Iner

Ratings:
    +28
    The thing I liked about him was on little league day at petco park he was the only padre I seen come up talk to the kids and signed a few kids gloves/cards on my team.

16. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,856
    They're dumping payroll so that they can allow the new GM to come in and actually not have his hands tied this offseason. No GM is going to take the job to come in and have no ability to affect the personnel of the ball club.

So they're just doing what they have to do to get this ship righted. Im actually kind of surprised the Yankees wanted Headley though. I guess they think a change of scenery might get his attention and he'll pick his game up.

17. gatorfan

gatorfan USN BMC (ret)
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +610
    Now if they can only get someone to take Quentin! Josh Byrnes will never live that (no trade clause) deal down with me!!!!

18. bajacamp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +626
    Yeah Quentin contract is a hard one to dump. If he stays in the line up and gets hot in August maybe by the trade dead in Sept. they could off him.........

19. amsuarez86

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +594
  20. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,856
    I'm all for dumping everyone they possibly can this year, except Cashner I guess.

This current group has shown they don't know how to score runs. Have to tear it down completely and start with a clean slate.

Buddy Black cannot return next year either.