2016 SD Padres

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SgtMaj, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SgtMaj

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +148
    Well, that was encouraging! I, and most others in my section (311), left during the top of the 7th inning because it was just brutal and appeared to be heading into more brutality. And I'm not even a Padres "fan". 1 game doesn't a 162 game season make but it don't look good for the home team.

Some of the changes to the park look good. I especially like the new backstop netting behind and along the sides of home plate. If it wasn't for the guide wires one wouldn't even know it's there.

Well, what counts is where they end up on the final game of 2016 and not where they are after the 1st game.

We'll see.

2. weldon

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,570
    15-ZIP ouch !

3. Linebig

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,132
    Boat:
    Stratos 185XL Pro
    Yes it does, it shows the mentality of this team. The team is weak, the pitching is even worse. Last place with no way out before end of May. You cant win your divsion in May.... You surely can loose it though. They are toast... You heard it here first. Bummer.

4. Vito1023

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,152
    It's hard to stomach, when there's a big game on the line they fall flat, but if they can take the next 2 games I might be able to start
    forgetting about this game. Maybe

5. Linebig

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,132
    Boat:
    Stratos 185XL Pro
    They will be swept or 1-2 for the series. I have zero faith in their administration, coaching and players. It seems They never take notes of what their division is doing... They always do what they should not do. They wont spend cash where they need it. Its always next year.... Well.... How about this year....

6. scisports

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,469
    Seriously, 15-0 opening day??? Against the Dodgers? Ouch

7. Linebig

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,132
    Boat:
    Stratos 185XL Pro
    No kidding.... If you cant get up for opening day against the Dodgers.... You are weak minded and lazy players

8. scisports

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,469
    X2, sad but true.

9. taylorchase129

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +313
    I dont see the Pads going anywhere this season. They rely too much on minor league "prodigies". I think it was dumb for them to not start James Shields. The ironic thing is is when we trade players away, for some reason they have great careers after the Padres, for example, Chase Headley and Yasmani Grandal. Watch Jedd Gyorko have the best season of his life this year with the Cardinals.

10. zzbassman

zzbassman Git R Done
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +272
    Boat:
    Tracker 175TXW
    Giants dominated last night... Even year here we come!

11. DA CZAR

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,051
    Its business as usual for the Padres....and expect it will be the same for the Chargers...Both teams are so bad I don't understand why anyone would support them...IMO if people would stop going to watch them play maybe then they will spend some money to get some decent players..until then let the beatings continue. 15 to 0 ..is the worst lost in MLB HISTORY on opening day...think about that for a moment...That's just sad and pathetic...

12. bajacamp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +626
    Being a lifer, Padres and Chargers fan this game does not surprise me. I didn't think they beat L.A. with Kershaw on the mound.... But I would like to see more competitive baseball......

13. bajacamp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +626
    Yeah we really need a good southpaw....Adrian kills as every year....Man I wish he was still are first baseman.........

14. SgtMaj

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +148
    I don't know how boycotting games will force the management to pony up more scratch to acquirer "decent" players. If anything that tactic will doom the franchise.

Believe it or not the Padres ticket packages are very reasonably priced. The single game ticket prices are also in the middle range of MLB ticket prices. And Petco is still a pretty nice place to go take in a game when one wants to.

Even though I went to opening day I've sold the next 2 tickets to the series to people on Stub-Hub for about a quarter of what I paid for my entire package. I can't wait until the Yankees get to town as those tix will be sold and I'll make a tidy profit and still be able to go to all the games I want to watch.

If you're a Padres fan it may be a long season. If you enjoy watching MLB baseball at a park the season may not be long enough.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. bajacamp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +626
    Yeah SgtMaj, thats a great plan you have on your season ticket package. So you will be watching a lot of free MLB all season long at Petco. The good thing it can't any worse than yesterday game...........I Hope

16. Vito1023

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,152
    I like it I may try that this next year, a friend of mine is selling her
    All Star game tickets and will get to a lot of games for almost for free

17. indymusky

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +659
    I go to games all the time. Sad thing is it'a usually to watch the visiting team. Lol

18. SgtMaj

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +148
    Same here.
    Since I grew up on the east coast and the teams I grew up with and are still "my" teams (Pittsburgh, Cinncy, Baltimore, Washington [Senators], Philly) I enjoy going to the games to watch them when they come to town.

Let's meet up one of these games and I'll but you a beer and we'll have a few laughs.

19. SgtMaj

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +148
    I'm
    You betcha! I've been doing this for years and every year since I started getting the ticket packages I sell the tickets to any visiting AL team (except the O's) game. Especially any NYY games. $$$$$$$ in the bank.
    You'll make $$ selling any LA, SF, and especially any Cubs tickets to out of towners.
    I haven't decided if I'm going to keep my All Star ticket or sell it yet.

20. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,856
    I can smell the stink all the way from here...

I liked the brown uniforms though.