2020 predictions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikecheck1212, Feb 24, 2020.

1. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,029
    I am just going on record now to say that if Bernie gets the nomination he will beat trump...I’m not trying to start a 9000 comment argument..that gets boring..I’m
    just putting my predictions out there..so in November either I can come back to this thread and say I told you so, or y’all can laugh at me..of course Bernie has to make it through the democrats first which is an uphill battle as is..so that’s why I said “if” Bernie is the nominee...go ahead and argue...I may or may not participate...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,770
    I remember the video clip of Ann Coulter (?) saying that she thinks Trump will win, back in 2015? and the audience laughing hysterically at her. Just saying.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  3. toolbox

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,399
    I sure hope not!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +404
    Polls may show him ahead of Trump but he has not been hit by much negatives yet. Democrats have gone easy on him as they don't want to offend his supporters (much like Republicans held back on Trump) but expect Republicans to run plenty of negative stuff. And he can forget winning Florida if he keeps saying that Castro was not all bad and keeps being negative on Israel, see https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/24/florida-dems-uproar-sanders-cuba-comments-117213 . Florida has a lot of votes, whomever wins that usually wins the election. My guess is that the odds are Trump 67%/Sanders 33% in a matchup.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,029
    I’m not too concerned about polls just yet.too early..I wouldn’t say the democrats are taking it “easy” on him either..they’re only trying to rig the primaries..I also think that we will see the negatives bounce off Bernie, similar to trump..

6. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,970
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    my money is on more tears after your guy loses cry.jpeg

tears.gif

7. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,029
    Looking at the democratic field with lack of a better word all I see is a bunch of dorks..Bloomberg is just a shorter trump with bigger hands...warren is meh...Buttigieg tries to use inspirational quotes and punchlines that miss with most people..plus the donor issue...Biden..Bwahahahaha...he’s trying to run mostly off name recognition...Klobuchar...ummmmmm... honestly can’t say much about her..but their ideas are all the same..nothing new...I think Bernie is the only one of them that has a chance at beating trump..but first he has to beat the democrats rigged process

8. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,770
    Whatever happens it will be an interesting 9 months.

9. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,993
    It goes without saying, Sanders has the entire child/millennial/snowflake/couch potato contingency in his back pocket.. you know, the ones that want everything given to them for free.. the XBox'ers.. the PlayStation gamers.. the ones that want to make as much money annually as you and I, but not actually have to hold down a real job in order to obtain it.. and the free healthcare group - fully paid for by yours and my taxes, naturally.

I'll still go with Trump. Won't matter what other crap Schiff dreams up, smart America has had enough. I accept monetary wagers of all denominations.. cash only.:emoji_money_mouth: Let me know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,029
    yes..this will be the attack...bernie supporters just want free stuff....this is equivalent to the "basket of deplorables"...bernie supporters don't want free stuff..they just want their tax dollars going to programs that actually help THEM..its really not that radical....and some recent studies to come out show money will be saved on healthcare...but im not supposed to be arguing...

11. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,993
    It's your thread, Mikey.. we're just observing and intermittently remarking.

12. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,721
    Name:
    Larry M
  13. spideyjg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,374
    Klobuchar will get asked to be VP

14. Neuroshima

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,831
    I voted for Bernie in '16. I still like his message of corporate greed eroding the American lifestyle, but no longer agree with his solutions. I can thank Yang for educating me on that.

I don't think he can win enough swing states, and Trump wins again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,970
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    nonsense...post one of them studies that shows it will save money...I need a good laugh

hell bernie himself has NOT said what it will cost...he does NOT know...

how bout a couple of them "programs that actually help THEM" ...which "programs" are they?

bernie supporter dont pay taxes...or very little from their unemployment checks

here is the funniest line in over a decade..."bernie supporters don't want free stuff" lol.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,029
    ill post some stats if you do...

17. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,970
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    what stats?

bernie has NO idea what his medicare will cost...yet some "studies" say it will save money? uh huh

I know his plan WILL raise my taxes..and WILL raise taxes for most Americans....BUT bernie supportors do NOT care because...bernie supporter dont pay taxes...or very little from their unemployment checks

18. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,029
    i don't know one bernie supporter that is unemployed..are there some that exist?...suure...but to paint all supporters that way is funny...don't make the same mistakes hillary and her ilk made....

19. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,993
    Poor Bernie. When the Dems aren't tryin' to oust him they're tryin' to kill him. Probably now wondering why he ever honeymooned in Russia. Just cant buy a break. Got Hillary back in Arkansas calling the party shots from her LaZBoy with Billy running around up and down the stairs in his chonies, sucking on a can of whipped cream randomly yelling. "Monica, why didn't you send that dress to the cleaners?"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,993
    It WILL save money, Dano !! It will save every one of his unemployed, skater-pant clad supporters money. But it will cost you and I a fortune. AOC agrees !