22 lb 5 oz WR Bass - Lake Biwa Japan!

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by HawgDog, Jul 2, 2009.

1. some guy

some guy Active Member

Ratings:
    +0

Amen Matt. The all mighty Ko-Ayu.

When you guys see the color Ayu in the stores, this is what its trying to replicate. The japanese version of a silver side.

2. deadstick13

deadstick13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7
  3. 59lbwsb

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +157
  4. some guy

some guy Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Who's the hater now Hawgdog? Don't like being called out so you run and tuck your tail. LOL.

I hope you can forgive me and we can be friends still. I'd love to take you fishing sometime. :)

5. some guy

some guy Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what a pig, those photo's dont do her the justice the video does. Good find.

6. LMB569

LMB569 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Some Guy is right, the Lake Biwa forage includes Biwa Salmon (trout), Ayu bluegill and 50 other species of fish, thats out of the paper. What a toad! I wonder what trying to cover 259 sqaure miles of water is like!

7. jigs

jigs New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why did Hawg delete all his posts? That fish is a beast and worthy of tying the record, ups the ante for everybody, there's big fish swimming around out there

still wondering if it was on bait or a wake bait, maybe something lost in translation?

8. 59lbwsb

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +157
    a quote from Greg v "The fish was caught on live bait--specifically a Japanese Koi (carp) on a Deps rod using 25 lb. line."

9. jigs

jigs New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Who's greg V and why are people saying he's a shady guy? Seen this on multiple boards... Scott Boras of bass fishing or something?

regardless, fish is worthy!

10. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,847
    A live Koi sure would be enticing for big largemouth! Koi are so coveted / revered in that culture it is a little surprising that they allow them to be used as bait though.

11. Fishtricks

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,423
    AKA Capt G. He rules! He actually really KNOWS how to fish so everybody who isn't as good as they've convinced themselves they are, has to hate. It's the law of the ghetto.

12. wccjanel

wccjanel Fishing Guide
    SDFish VIP Site Sponsor

Ratings:
    +39
    I guess this means Garrett and I will get less Japanese tourists wanting to come here to fish Lake Dixon.

13. 59lbwsb

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +157
    [​IMG]

looks big.

14. indymusky

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +664
    wow i just moved to a new house in coronado and got the internet back today and i c that the new world record was caught. I hope they took to dna test like a peice of the flesh or a swab or somethingjust to make sure it isnt some kinda of crazy hybrid jap bass that spawned with godzilla.lol Nice catch on a big lake but i bet if they let us use live small slow moving trout as compared to a slow moving high protien koi, someone would catch the record within a month out here. But hey for all the poeple that say the perry fish could have been weighted and its possible the scale was unligit and that he knew theperson at the post office and now there really is a fish caught legit weighing over 22 pounds. amazing looking fish

15. bassterdSD

bassterdSD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2
    She looks so spawned out...hope it was safely released...Next vacation "Japan"...i want the 25 they netted!!!

16. some guy

some guy Active Member

Ratings:
    +0

That's so much fish right there. Imagine getting that thing to color.

17. TATTED JONNY

TATTED JONNY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would have gaffed it!

Jonny

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone can do it using carp.....

I found this article online saying that he used a life carp to catch this fish. Im sure if some here in san diego was using a carp or some trout as bait..... You get the picture... we would have potential records well... Nothing beats a 1 and a hald pound carp for a 25 pound bass.....

ARTICLE...

The fish is being harvested for IGFA certification which requires that the record be broken by 2 oz. This all makes for an interesting story considering the number of discrepancies that have surrounded recent catches here in California as well as the old record of 22lbs 4oz caught in 1932 by George Perry.

***update***

The unofficial WRB was caught on a live Japanese Koi (also known as carp) in the southern area of Lake Biwa called Nanko. The fish was caught and landed on a Deps Sidewinder The Dom Driver F/E Rod and TORAY Super Hard Strong 25lb line. After trying to keep the fish alive in a live well the fish unfortunately passed away and is now frozen awaiting certification.

here is a short video of the catch Giant Bass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXOyXArL9rw

19. HawgDog

HawgDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I deleted all my posts so that you can simply enjoy the posts of Some Fish, afterall he's the expert. I mean he apparently knows everything there is about Lake Biwa, having surfed the internet for the information and obviously never fished it.

I showed Greg some Some Fish's posts and here's what Greg had to say:

According to the data that I got from a fisheries biologist at the Biwa Lake Aquarium, there are NO salmon in Lake Biwa.
    But what does he know?

With respect to Some Fish's site fishing comment which have now proven to be false, Greg commented:

Site fish in June?
    The fish was caught in July, which starts with the same letter "J" but is actually a complete different month.

As to Some Fish's overall knowledge, Greg said:

We call guys like the above "Salmon Man" an "FE", which stands for "******g Expert". A kook that talks too much about things he has no knowledge of.

Greg intentionally placed a bogus piece of information in his report so that he could track it as the story was picked up here in the U.S. To know surprise, everyone picked it up and reported it as fact. Some Fish bit on it hard as evidenced by his FE comments here. Now who's the complete TOOL? Bwaaaahaaaa!

What's even more amazing is that Some Fish comes into a thread about someone else's WR Bass and starts bragging about his PB 13.8 lb bass caught site fishing. Then he talks about his buddy who got 5th place in a FLW Tournament site fishing in June. I guess that makes Some Fish a wannabe member of the Big Bass site fishing Clown Posse?

Site fishing takes no talent, only time. Snagging fish in an aquarium when they are at their most vulnerable state is hardly a measure of talent. Take most of those types (Mike Long and John Kerr excluded here) of anglers to a dirty stained lake and they instantly become Joe Average bass fisherman. I have no question in my mind that Some Fish is one of those guys. Hero at LMV site fishing in an aquarium, broke dick Joe Blow at Perris or Hodges. Tough guy on the internet though. A true FE talking out his ***. Dude you been had. Advice, when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Im just gonna start using carp as bait...... Ill report back