22 lb 5 oz WR Bass - Lake Biwa Japan!

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by HawgDog, Jul 2, 2009.

1. deadstick13

deadstick13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7
    How long did that take to type? LOL. I disagree with you. It look's like you are the one digging the hole bud. I'm glad somebody got a 20+ pounder recently. Anything's possible. Even for you Hawg Dawg, FE, whatever you wanna call it. Spend more time fishing, and less time whining.

2. bassaholics

bassaholics Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10
    With all this funny info being said.. the fish are still spawning at otay on JULY 3rd. Funny thats yesterday !!!!!!!!

3. deadstick13

Ratings:
    +7
    Thank you! Hawg Dawg need's some schooling.

4. indymusky

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +664
    Sight fishing for smaller females and the males is pretty easy fishing i would say, but to intice a large female into biting ur lure when shes seen about 10,000 becomes hard and sometimes near impossible. Its takes experience to learn that fishes attitude and hows shes going to react to which kind of bates and which direction to pull ur lure onto the nest, where to position your boat, whats the best times of that day which the female will be guarding the nest, theres so many factors to sight fishing that make it very diffacult.

5. some guy

some guy Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Amen Indy. It sounds like you spent a few days staring down on her wondering what you need to do. LOL

As far as HawgDog, Bro...give it up. I don't even have to say anything else. You removed all doubt for everyone.

6. Ts2046

Ts2046 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Never in a million years would I have ever thought that a bass of any size like this one would of come from Japan. All I can say is WOW, and this is great now maybe it will take some of the pressure off our lakes.

Sight fish on beds in July? Yes extremely possible.
    How do I know? Because I sight fished over the weekend. I also picked up a fish between 5 and 6 that I did not see by the bed I was fishing for the male that was on it. My jig on the other hand found that fish as soon as it hit the water and she came flying out of the weeds next to the bed. Also, in Southern Cal if the weather is nice bass will spawn year round. I have seen this. January 3 years ago I was catching spawners at San V and Dixon also in November that same year I caught spawners at the two. So it can be done.

Props to the guy whether it was on live bait or a lure. I am willing to see this bass as the World Record and I feel that Perry's bass was never the size it was claimed to have been. But what do I know I wasn't there when it was caught but due to what I have read and pictures I have seen I still have my doubts.

7. some guy

some guy Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Easy TS on a nov, dec Dixon bed fish.. LOL. Therer are def none across from the dock on the sandy flat by the fishing pier. My pops pulled a 7 off of the flat on a senko Dec 3rd.

Some people get it, some don't.

8. cwilkes17

cwilkes17 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it was caught on live bait. i think itd be more legit if it was on artificials

9. transplant

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +867
    Boat:
    My buddies
    Can you guys imagine what that area around the lake must be like now? I wonder if it is going to become one of those big bass destinations like Lake Fork was in the 90's and now El Salto.

10. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,847
    The poll on the front page now asks "If official, how many years will the new largemouth bass world record stand?"

Go cast your votes, I personally think this might motivate some people to put in a little extra effort this Spring. The fish are here in San Diego. Take advantage of the right timing and it might be your record.

11. deadstick13

Ratings:
    +7
    You got me all fired up to fish. Someone in Dago will break it. It's only a matter of time. I saw a fish this year at Murray that was gigantic. That's all I can describe her as, gigantic. Coulda been the world record, who knows?

12. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,847
    They're out there. Murray is definitely on the radar right now. The attention kind of slipped away from there recently with all the attention on Dottie and Dixon.

Skill and preparation just have to collide with opportunity and perfect timing (the fish being at the optimal weight).

13. Ts2046

Ts2046 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are world record bass in Dixon, Poway, Miramar, Murray, DVL, San V, and I am sure in Clear Lake in Nor Cal. Not to mention El Salto, Castaic, Piru, Pyramid, Texas and Florida. It's just a matter of when and how it will be broke again. That is what I like about records they are made to be broken. Who knows this record could be like the Homerun record and get broken 5 or 6 times in the next couple years.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    maybe Scott FISHTRIX will catch the new WRB.... He said he spotted a 30 pounder at lake cuyamaca.