2nd Annual Crystal Pier Kids Fishing Derby

Discussion in 'Surf, Piers, & Jetties' started by Sparky V, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Sparky V

Sparky V Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With the threat of rain and high winds from the south yesterday, plenty of kids showed up at the 2nd Annual Crystal Pier Kids Fishing Derby here in Pacific Beach. It was a great event. A big thanks to Captain Ron Baker for getting the grant and putting this all together along with all the volunteers that came out to put this event on. Plenty of fish were caught and released, there were lots of prizes and the fish tacos from Catalina Offshore Products were awesome, thanks Tommy. The hotdogs came curiosity of the San Diego Rod & Reel clubs, thanks guys. Great job by Mila for painting up the kids, awesome. Cool to see DFG out there. Another big thanks only this goes to the Lakeside Optimist. Many kids would not be able to fish if it was not for these guys. IGFA was there again and giving the certificate to Captain Ron was awesome. Thanks Ed and his store manager for giving us the turner hats as they were given to the first place winners of the three age brackets and the grand prize winner. Here are a small collection of pics of the 355 pics both my wife and I took yesterday.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15-1.jpg

16-1.jpg

17-1.jpg

18-1.jpg

19-1.jpg

20-1.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35-1.jpg

I am sure soon on Captain Ron website these pics and others and ones from Maggie will be posted. Check this site often to see more pics:

http://www.takekidsfishing.net/

Looking forward to the next one.

2. batty1of3

batty1of3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Definitely looking forward to the next one
    my niece and nephew had a blast and my niece even caught a lobster hehe

3. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +134
    My son and I will be there for sure next year.