5/19 Kayak Fly Fishing in SD Bay or ...

Discussion in 'Kayak and Paddle Board Fishing' started by FLYing Steve, May 17, 2019.

1. FLYing Steve

FLYing Steve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    Nucanoe Frontier 12
    Hey everyone
    I'm planning on fishing out of my kayak in the bay on Sunday 5/19 If anyone wants to join me. I'll probably launch around 6 am. I don't have a particular destination but I usually fish right off of tidelands park.

Any suggestions other than tidelands park? Glorietta bay? Liberty station? South bay? Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

2. Neuroshima

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,974
    Can't go wrong with either place. I'm most familiar with South Bay. Launch from J Street and hang a left and youre in bonefish and corbina territory. FYI, if you post in the Facebook group Underground Fly, Socal, there are some other members there that aren't on this forum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Tactical.Fish0313

Tactical.Fish0313 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +181
    Boat:
    None
    Weather looking pretty rainy on that day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Johnnycaster

Johnnycaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +259
    I don't know if you made it out today, but the spotties were pretty hungry. I launched out of Glorietta this morning because Tidelands looked crowded with the Bay Bridge Run/Walkers. I fished around the bridge and the moored boats for a consistent spotty bite mostly on the Ned/TRD rig but a few on 3" swimbaits from around 7-9AM. 11 Spotties (1 legal) and 1 YFC. Got back to the car before the rain started.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. FLYing Steve

FLYing Steve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    Nucanoe Frontier 12
    No, I didn't go out but I sure wanted to.

Now I wish I would have gone.