52 lb blue san vee

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by luckie33, Mar 3, 2008.

1. hookfynn

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +30
    nice fish and on video too. i have seen a few big cats caught in the past few weeks. last week i hooked a Big blue cat on a jerkbait at san v. then a week later this fish and on sunday i was told that someone got a 67lb blue out of san v on a spinner bait.

2. dilatedppls

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +919
    that was a good video! its good to see a huge cat let go every once in a whil. what was the pipe for?

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Whenever you catch a big blue or even small one from the deep - 60 feet plus, a lot of times they need to be burped. The faster you bring them in, the more likely they will have to be burped if they do not expell the air from their bladder. If you notice that air bubble are surfacing from the fish before they surface, they are expelling air. If you do not notice this or see very little air bubbles before they surface, than you will notice they will be bloated and will not release correctly. They will try to go down but will keep coming back to the surface. This is when they need to be burped. Just like a bass that comes from the deep, instead you are using a pvc pipe and placing it down the throat until you hear a burped or air expelling. This is when they fish can be released and you will not see them floating on top. They will take off full steam. Not burping them will likely lead to fatality for them. As deep as San V is, and the blues like to hang out in the deep a lot, it is a necessity to have a pipe handy to do this to release them if you catch them from the deep. Its a common practice in the mid west and east. Needs to be more common out west. They use to have a pvc pipe on deck at the boat dock back in the day and put them in that tank on the dock and burp them/nurse them before they were to be released.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    nice fight!way to go.

5. dilatedppls

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +919
    interesting, yeah i never heard about until now, good info and awesome catch.