6/26 Sutherland

Discussion in 'Freshwater Reports' started by biggbass, Jun 26, 2021.

1. mcfish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,933
    Boat:
    fisher marine18
    I don't fight old guys! I've never left a spot he wanted..he just lurks around! Yes, I know Mr. Vinny ..I am an old guy......

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  2. jeepnkal

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +321
    Neither do I. And I wasnt implying violence to resolve a dispute, but not giving in and leaving (which empowers). I see this a lot in surf line ups and am bummed to see more and more of it on lakes. Funny thing is, it is always the same type of dudes trying to regulate in the ocean and lakes. :emoji_confused:

3. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,264
    Look... I fish Lake Murray very often and yet if someone is fishing where I was thinking of fishing or covering....I just go to another spot and hit that spot later. I have no right to claim a spot or area and most fishermen are respectful when I am in an area fishing for the most part when I am at Murray. Heck...when I am fishing a point and a guy comes by... I have many times asked if he want to fish it too. I am a pretty easy going guy and if you are in a float tube, on shore, in a kayak or boat, I will always try to respect your fishing area. I figure that just because I may be in my boat one day fishing....that does not make me above anyone else fishing fishing that day. I fish also out of a kayak which gives me lots of insight on sharing the waters with fellow fishermen.
    Yes... I may not be happy and say a few things if I am fishing close to shore and casting towards shore and some guy just decides to cut between me that knows better....but when a family that rents a rental boat and honestly does not know any better .....its hard to get mad at them although I do think silently...."are you freaking kidding me."...ha ha
    Tight lines everyone! :)

4. mcfish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,933
    Boat:
    fisher marine18
    Yep, played the game my whole life at Windnsea, Swamis, and Cardiff reef..and it get's real serious over on the Islands!

5. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,264
    I know that you are an old guy...and so am I!
    I like the guy in the tube who was casting jigs past your tube that day....I figured you guys were close friends...ha ha. He kept doing it and I stayed clear knowing I do not want to interrupt you guys on that spot. Then when you said you don't even know that guy I came to realize that a few more black and blue jigs splashing by your tube that day and that guy would have left black and blue....just saying..... :)

#25 VinnyBass, Jun 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  6. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +27,540
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
  7. mcfish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,933
    Boat:
    fisher marine18
  8. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +27,540
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Haha! VinnyBass is about the uncrankiest fishermen I know! Is uncrankiest a word? It is now!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Doubledigit333

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +628
    Name:
    Certified Green Fish Insa
    Boat:
    Ranger 177TR
    Trust me.....you dont want to touch Vic

He has come in on me and I give him the no respect he can sometimes give others. I maybe told him once....now I never have a problem with him.

Now get over one Old Man trying to catch a few more before he kicks the bucket.
    To his credit he fishes harder and knows that lake better than anyone in SD!!!!
    SEE MANY 75 YEAR OLDS IN A KAYAK FROM SUNRISE TO SUNSET....3 DAYS IN A ROW.....EVERY WEEK????

Even though I understand......give him a break. Or Not

He has plenty of freinds in high places....or at least high!
    LMAO

He's really a kind gentleman. But he does not seem to understand all our lakes are overcrowded with fisherman.
    10 years ago that pond didn't get this much attention.

But he doesn't need to be black and blue.....I WILL back him up if someone tried that bs.
    Fish away from him.....if he comes anywhere near me and I don't want him their
    ......just say back the Frick off Old Timer!

Get over him already.

10. Doubledigit333

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +628
    Name:
    Boat:
    Ranger 177TR
    I'm still wondering if anyone there that day knows who has a white Champion with a Blacked out Mercury 250?

Bounty on him!

11. Bigshooter51

Bigshooter51 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63
    What is the problem with the white Champion and blacked out Mercury 250 just curious I think I know this guy

12. PowayRamFan

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +130
    I like Vic, he has fished that lake maybe more than anyone so I give him all the space he wants. He is a structure fisherman and will fish a single spot for hours at times, he’s easy to avoid.
    Once you give him a little respect, which I think he has well earned, he is very approachable and also quite helpful.
    When it gets 100* and people stay home, he’ll still be out there all day, he is a badass IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,264
    I would always see Vic every time I was up there and thought...."wow that guy is always here." Then a few years ago, I was fishing in my kayak and he came up closer and told me about some great action he had on crank baits and where to go. One time we talked about fishing different lakes, especially Miramar(which I fished regularly especially starting in the early 70's) and he knew a few old timers I remembered from years ago that fished there. Then I always will remember the time when he saw me and said "Hey Vinny....can you please do me a favor and ease back on your fish reports. This is a nice quiet lake and don't want it to get too crowded." I told him I would try but I still may post some things here and there....and he thanked me. Other than that a few months ago when I told him what I was catching bass on and he said something like...."Oh, you throw a lot of strange baits I don't throw." I thought to myself as I tried to hold in a laugh..."Ok" as he slowly headed in the opposite direction with his kayak. :)

14. Doubledigit333

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +628
    Name:
    Boat:
    Ranger 177TR
    I was fishing a rock slide in Mesa Grande....when he drives right over the structure I'm fishing with his big motor graphing the spot.
    Turns off his boat and proceeds to put his Ghost in the water and fish directly in front of me. I could have hit him in the head with my jig.
    Couldn't believe it....
    I AM one to speak up...
    Like kayak Vic....on guys like that.
    I was soooo upset it was either going to get ugly quick....or just wake him out when I left the spot to him.

Because it was slow and I'm so done with tournaments on that pond.....I just left....not like me.

If I see him again..I WILL be sure to return the ignorance.

So who is this one way egotistical want to be???

15. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +27,540
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    That's "wanna be". ;)

16. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,264
    Hey Doubledigit333...of course, I was not there to see the whole situation, but maybe you should have just say something like "Hey, are you gonna join me in my boat for lunch?" I have said before to guys a few times who know better and intentionally try to crowd me where I am fishing...I guess I have been lucky through the years and they usually say sorry and pull away. Maybe that may not have worked out there, but I always give it a try...but like I said...I have been pretty lucky that nobody has yet started talking smack back. Heck...it just is common courtesy to not crowd others unless you invited them or they are good friends of yours.
    If mcfish or fisheromen approached me at a spot...it would be fine as they are good guys in my book and we are not in a tournament. And that goes for you too, as you are welcome to fish near me anytime. Just remember I talk a heck of a lot...ha ha. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  17. biggbass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +655
    Name:
    Chris Stockdale
    Boat:
    Triton
    Well it was no one in our club. We have no one with a Champ sporting a blacked out 250 and a Ghost. Sounds like a nice rig. Jealous...
    Our club has been having tournaments there since the early 80's.
    Usually in the May/June time frame.
    We used to be let in the gate Friday's and pre-launch the boats for Saturday. Bbq and poker. Great times.
    Back in the good old days.!
    Anywho we only had 7 boats as l just looked at our tournament report.
    I highly doubt seven boats killed your bite - but I'm sure nothing I say will change your mind.
    So we will hopefully see you up there again next year.
    You can fish as a guest if you want. Only 30$ to enter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. mcfish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,933
    Boat:
    fisher marine18
    I believe your 7 boats affected my topwater bite..the day before your tournament.........

19. biggbass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +655
    Name:
    Chris Stockdale
    Boat:
    Triton
    Now I read your reports and love you guys . But really ?
    Your comparing a Friday with no boats allowed ? ....you guys...
    Talk about a " get off my lawn " complex....haaa
    I laugh and also realize why no one posts on this web site anymore. What an FN nightmare.....are you guys for real ?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  20. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +27,540
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    mcfish was joking! He does that occasionally! ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List