6/28-Backseat with RippinLip619 @ El Cap

Discussion in 'Freshwater Reports' started by VinnyBass, Jun 28, 2020.

1. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,822
    My buddy Tim, aka RippinLip619 invited me to fill his backseat at El Cap today and basically all I did was fill his back seat... ha ha. The lake parking lot was already packed when we arrived as there was a tournament today. Lots of pressure on the lake yesterday and especially today with the tournament and with a big drop in the temperature, it was going to make it an interesting day. Every spot that looked good was pretty much taken. I thought of some spots that paid off years ago (being the back seat driver) and we were able to hit a few of them. As we arrived at each one RippinLip619 worked his magic and pulled in bass. As we took off to another spot that I remembered...he pulled bass out of there too. That was the pretty much the pattern for today. There was one spot where there was a good bite going on and we each pulled in a few and lost a few. Bottomline RippinLip619 was on a roll as he switched baits and mixed it up with lure selection to catch bass. I had a tougher day today and as we both missed several bites and fish which was not much fun, I was only able to put 4 in the boat while Tim (aka RippinLip619) pulled in an easy dozen. While none of the fish were real big, it was still a pretty fun time. Tim knows his stuff and this old guy in the back seat had a great time not only sharing fish stories with him but watching this talented young bass fisherman in action.
    Thanks again Tim for taking me out on the lake with you. :)
    A few pics:
    2.PNG 3.PNG
    1.PNG IMG_2870.PNG
    IMG_2871.PNG IMG_2877.PNG

#1 VinnyBass, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  2. Slater

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,973
    You got some!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. dilatedppls

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +593
    i call dibs on the next trip and i got lake fee's Rippinlip619 !

4. dilatedppls

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +593

getting out of your comfort zone vinny!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,822
    Aren't you that guy that is always trying to start trouble in the Lounge? :)

6. RippinLip619

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +953

Thanks for the kind words Vinny I had a blast out there with you today and even though we didnt catch an bigguns it was still great getting to hang out and catch up! If you guys think Vinny knows Murray well you should see him at El Cap, the guys knows where every point, drop, flat, rock and grain of sand is in the entire lake! I learned over a years worth of contour in a single day from him yesterday, it was really impressive how much experience he has on the lake and how well he knows it. All of the spots we caught fish were the ones where he put us on em.

7. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,822
    Thanks Tim for the props, but as they say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink and the same thing kind of applies with fishing.... as I can put you on a spot, but no guarantee you will catch bass....but you did! :)

8. RamonaAngler

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,078
    Boat:
    Yes
    Wow...that's great you were able to get on some fish with all the tourney guys out there crowding up the lake! You can lead an angler to a spot, but can't make him catch?? :emoji_slight_smile: Thanks for the report and pics. Always fun to meet up and fish with a fellow SDFISH pal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. PBandJellicles

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +748
    Boat:
    I wish
    Who needs a fish finder when you have a VinnyBass ? Sounds like an awesome day out at el cap, well done!

10. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,822
    Hey there....I told Tim when you and him to go to hit some spots that we never make it to and you guys will hopefully find lots of bass. It was fun and thanks for probably giving up your spot with Tim so I could fish with him. Take care and tight lines. :)

#10 VinnyBass, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020