7/14 Del Mar

Discussion in 'Surf, Piers, & Jetties' started by powaynubs, Jul 14, 2020.

1. powaynubs

powaynubs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222
    Fished Del Mar today from about 1-5. Parked on 10th street and walked down to the beach from the tracks nearby 7th, some seaweed but way too many surfers. had trouble finding holes because surfers and people were swimming in all the spots i wanted to fish, fished shrimp for a bit and ended with a small leopard, i'm sure if I was more mobile I would end with more catches, but I ended up staying in a specific spot for the 4 hours. Might have to give it another try whenever I get back there.

IMG_9237.JPG

2. citruspirate

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,180
    Name:
    Michael/Mike
    Looks about right to me; the crowds at del mar have been tough to deal with lately

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Bassnbeans

Bassnbeans Zen Fisherman
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,091
    Nice kitty!

In peak crowded summer conditions, being light and mobile is definitely a plus. I have molded my whole set up around it. Not as spartan as some, but I carry enough with me to face many conditions and targets (even though it makes me look kinda like the sidekick guys from Monty Pythons Holy Grail). Even if you found a spot it could be gone the next day or week. Mobility is clutch on many beaches in North County.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List