8/13: Murray with MrChatterbait

Discussion in 'Freshwater Reports' started by VinnyBass, Aug 13, 2020.

1. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +14,649
    This morning MrChatterBait joined me to fish the waters of Lake Murray. I think this was the first time for him on the lake in several years. It was the first time we met in person so after a little chit chat, we headed to a point to see if bass were interested in a little worming action. I missed a bite(talking constantly and not paying attention) and MrChatterBait soon got bit and landed a bass on one of his favorite secret worms. I forgot what the color was, but he said that worm is his favorite for years. A little while later I saw a few breakers out in the middle so off we went. Most of the bass were either out of reach or a few were actually too close to the boat for us to react quickly enough. Anyway, MrChatterBait pulled out one of his secret weapons he uses at Barrett(a Whooper Popper) and landed 2 bass. I used a IMA Skimmer and Fluke to land 2 bass out there also. The top action stopped very quickly so we fished plastic worms and he caught his 4th bass. I used plastic worms and farmed at least 4 bass and landed 2 more in the boat. Earlier, I had a bass come off just less than 2 feet from the boat, but could not count it as a bass caught, so it earned a "1/2 bass caught." Can't let a guy catch more than me on his first trip out or it might be his last trip out with me....JUST KIDDING MrChatterBait!!!!!!!! I had a great time out there kidding around with you and honestly thought that if we weren't laughing so much we would have caught more bass. It was great seeing RamonaAngler and his wife Jeannie out there on the water away from his home lake. :)
    OMG.....I forgot to mention that neither of us threw any chatterbaits today and since Mr Chatterbait was shy for photos of his bass, here is just one of each of us.

chatter.PNG
    with chatter.PNG

#1 VinnyBass, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  2. Big C

Big C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +256
    Kudos to Vinny for taking an old school angler like Chat fishing.

3. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +14,649
    You seem like a great guy...he even mentioned you when we were fishing.

4. MrChatterBait

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +486
    Yeah, Vinny is such a nice guy that the next thing you know he will take even you or hookemdano fishing.

5. RamonaAngler

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,214
    Boat:
    Yes
    Good to see VinnyBass out on his home lake yesterday. It got hot quick and we were off the water at 10:30. Next time I'm tying my boat up to Vinny's so I can get in on some of that top water action. J/K. Tight line to everyone!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +14,649
    It was like being in an oven pretty quickly yesterday on the water. I was having a hard time breathing with all my talking combined with the heat...ha ha. You should of stayed out there with us as as you could have throw top water at the fish that always seemed to jump behind us when we went forward. Anyway...this type of heat makes it tough to fish in.
    Tight lines my friend and hope to see a great report on your next trip out!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. dilatedppls

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +704
    thats a tall order..haha

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List