8/27 Harbor Island - Never thought I'd actually like fishing in a breeze

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by AzImport, Aug 28, 2019.

1. AzImport

AzImport Living Customs Violation
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,481
    Wind from the south to southwest. 99 times out of 100, I'm not fishing into it. Today? Even at 1030pm it was warm enough I didn't care lol. Didn't do too much in the way of going nuts. Threw an underspin with a 4" swimbait, briefly threw a tailspin knock-off style kind of thing, and got two casts into a dropshot before snagging my weight and almost hooking myself breaking off. Caught one, on the underspin, for my first underspin fish. Felt a fine fight on my baitcaster as well. Had another drag me into the rocks while I was clearing a nest. Only two bites of the night. Cleared off the spot shortly before midnight, shoulder started to hurt from repeated casting lol.

Also, get the sneaking suspicion I parked right behind FOE_RUNNER, didn't even cross my mind until after I rolled out lol

20190827_231437.jpg

2. FOE_RUNNER

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,595
    AW man!.... lol.. that was me! I had asked you if you had any luck and you told me about the one that took you to the rocks ... Next time will chat more about fishing! Last night was challenging, but I managed 1 chunk of a spotty, but it was only about 12-13". Fish on!

3. AzImport

AzImport Living Customs Violation
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,481
    Had my brain been in working order I woulda actually spoken up before hand. Next time, though lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List