9/21 Report

Discussion in 'Barrett Reports' started by TommyP, Sep 22, 2022.

1. TommyP

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +449
    Was surprised to hear from Laurie that this weekend is the last of the 2022 fishing season, I thought Wednesday the 28th would be the last day......that still is September is it not? The City works in strange ways. Launched from Piggy's after first light......headed across to the rocks. As I had a REALLY slow day last Wednesday I decided to mix it up a little. The success for me was using lipless crankbaits and jerkbaits worked along the weedlines. Had some fish also in deeper(40') water with the lipless bait. Be patient and try to make every cast count. Ended up with 11 lmb........not bad as I talked to other fisherman who had 1 or 2 fish for the day, some had none. Biggest was 2 ish lbs, still lots of fun. Water was 73' to 77'.......little to no wind..........perfect temp and overall a Stunning Day. Lots of good size bait in the water, you would think that a swimbait might work, but not for me. I will finish the season with 11 visits. Numbers wize a lot less than I am used to, but the quality of fish was larger. That place is very special.......lets all respect that.
    LGF.........D

TommyP

2. Early release

Early release Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for the report, my last day of the season is tomorrow. I just learned of fishing Barrett this year, if you can believe that and I agree that place is special. I'm going to be trying jerkbaits ( I always try them ) and jigs, since I have been pretty lucky with those. I'll set a report also. Last week I saw the water go from 80 to 76, so now down to 73 is quite a jump from two weeks ago, I'd bet the fish are slowing up and that's why we have to.

3. Dixon

Dixon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92
    Boat:
    yes
    Thanks for the report..

4. chucklai

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +497
    Was there also on Wed. 21, only managed 7 in back of Hauser, water level is down a lot, got them on variuos baits(jigs,walking bait,worm, no pattern. Bait fish everywhere, healthy bass! Don't understand why we can't fish the 28th either. Here's hoping for lots of rain this winter. Will be back next year!!!

5. PatFlynn

PatFlynn Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Name:
    Pat Flynn
    Thanks for the report Tommy! I'll be out there tomorrow with my son and a friend - I'll come back and report afterwards. I love a jerkbait bite, so hopefully it's still on tomorrow.

Also, for everyone, we have an extra ticket for SUNDAY. My friend bought one but we had to switch to SATURDAY instead, so we have an extra ticket. (sorry if this isn't the place to post this). If you're good to go out on Sunday to finish the season off, let me know and we can tell Laurie tomorrow morning to transfer our name on the list for SUNDAY to your name. Please DM me so we don't flood the thread here, but I'll post an edit/update when it's been claimed. Cheers! Tight lines everyone!

6. PatFlynn

PatFlynn Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Name:
    Pat Flynn
    Claimed!

7. Early release

Early release Member

Ratings:
    +10
    9/24 report. Last day of the season for me. 15 LMB from very small 6-8oz to 2lb 6oz. Lost 10 bass keeping my forum name as a clever technique. 5 LMB on crappie jig with underspin, everything else on a F7 Rapala. Can't wait until the opener.