advice for poway and/or dixon lake shoreline

Discussion in 'Bass' started by spicymayo, Sep 20, 2021.

1. spicymayo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,204
    Hey guys. Gonna try my hand at fishing Poway Lake or Dixon Lake one day this week. I fished Poway once a long time ago for trout and Dixon for Catfish, but never targeted the bass. Gonna be walking and trying whatever shoreline spots I can find.

Anyone have any advice for a Poway/Dixon noob? If I brought two rods, what do you suggest I have tied on? Thanks in advance to anyone willing to share.

edit: grammar and threw Dixon into the mix

#1 spicymayo, Sep 20, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  2. NibbleSquad

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,297
    Light flouro (6-8#) and slow drag a light texas rig (<1/8th).

3. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,918
    Definitely light line and weight like NibbleSquad suggested. Lots of grass and weeds there so maybe even a senko without a weigh or with a small nail weight so that when it sinks it will not get lost in the bottom weeds etc. Maybe a drop shot rig maybe be the answer. I caught lots of bass on pumpkin colored worms years ago, but would take some Margarita Mutilators to be safe....... Where to fish is a good question and others may have a better answer. If I went up there and was fishing from shore today, I would fish Jump-off Point and also fish that bank between Boulder Bay and Hidden bay and try also along the buoy line area to the left of the boat dock. Good luck to you!

LAKE POWAY
    poway.jpg

#3 VinnyBass, Sep 20, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  4. spicymayo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,204
    I added Dixon as a possible destination too, if anyone has any shoreline tips for that lake. Excited try these new-to-me waters soon. Even a dink fest will be considered successful.

5. Smokey

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +542
    Dixon is now closed during the week, and just open Saturday and Sunday. They have been
    stocking catfish. Haven't fish there for a while, get the news from the paper.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List