alright Nute.. let's see the goods...

Discussion in 'Float Tubing' started by toolbox, Apr 9, 2015.

1. toolbox

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Congrats on your work Nute, looking good! Let's see a photo of your favorite setup. Needs to hold four rods with one in the trolling (fwd) position for when I have a sandwich in one hand and a coldie in the other and of course my favorite bait doing its thing.. I like mine but it is a little heavy. I'm all in for supporting the cause.. Let's see the perfect setup... Cheers!

2. Nute

Nute Researcher...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,473
    Challenge accepted TB. Ive posted my early demo pics when i had my FC4, but I throw 'em up again for you. Ive since acquired a super fat cat. Im also putting a legit video/review on the product in a week or so. We're also releasing some new accessories (bigger holder that's made for FF) that will be available in July. Trust me TB I wouldn't push anything that I didnt believe in, let alone use myself. This system is legit. Here's my first demo set-up from months ago, four set-ups, can easily fit more (up to five on top rail)....Stay tuned fellas....

IMG_2021.JPG IMG_2022.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. jon t

jon t Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Hey nute. , do the butts of your rods sit in the water while floating ?

4. Nute

Nute Researcher...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,473
    The way I have mine, yes. Some sit about 1/2" in the water.BUT that's the way I have mine set-up. 99% of my rods are composite, so a little soaking doesnt hurt them at all. Like I said, that's the way I have my setup.You can easily use different off-sets on your holder to keep your set-ups high and dry. That's why this system is ridiculous. It's infinitely adjustable to what you want. Angles, positions, accessories, etc.

DANG IT GUYS! you're blowing my amazing review of this stuff. Click the link on the forum to see what the our full spectrum is on the product as far as nuts and bolts go. Feel free to ask me any more questions. Ill be doing a full review/demo/etc by no later than next weekend. Im still collecting footy and editing.

5. ryan2421

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +92
    @Nute I am very very interested. I can't wait to see your review and vid. I just mat have to pull the trigger soon. I have all these rods and no space to put them. My 4 slot rod holder may need an upgrade in the near future.

6. Saltandlead

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +221
    Were you at the FH show by chance? I saw a pretty similar system there. Really like the semi-modular design you have going.

7. Nute

Nute Researcher...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,473
    Yes, we were there. Got to meet a ton of people. Very cool experience

8. MaskedFisherDUDE

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +721
    If I wasn't in the hospital right now about to have a baby I'd set up mine up exactly how you asked tools. I was messing with mine the other day and have it set up for Barrett with the a front facing holder.
    You can also keep all your rods out of the water.

9. Saltandlead

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +221
    I thought so! I did meet you there but had no clue it was you.

10. toolbox

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,311
    PM Sent...

11. MaskedFisherDUDE

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +721
    Sorry it took me so long tools. Got the newborn at home now and finally got a minute.

a9b263412a96a119f9d1503a732d88f1.jpg

12. toolbox

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Well MFD, if there's is anything more exciting then Barrett, even if it is a puddle, it's bringing home a newborn. A big congrats to the Family on that, the little ones are what life is all about!

I just pulled the trigger on a new Fat Cat too. Have you taken your new setup out, it looks pretty spot on to me? Or are you getting it dialed in now?

Tools

13. toolbox

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Are you rod holders mounted like Nute's? With the extension, A little wider then the frame? For more room.

14. MaskedFisherDUDE

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +721
    Thanks tools. It's a big change. Glad I got the okay to fish Barrett before he was born. I have been able to use it twice. First time was with two fly rods and it worked great. Second time was for bass with 5 rods. It took a few minutes to get it the way I like it but once it's set it's done. It's lighter and a whole lot cleaner than my PVC holders which I have 3 of for different types of fishing. Mine is all on the top rail like Nutes but mine are all short style holders that are slightly angled off center except the one forward that has to clear the other rod and storage. I really like it.

15. toolbox

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,311
    How's the camera rod? Is it tall enough? I'll probably go with About the same setup. Are the rod.holders good.for baicasters and spinning rods?

16. MaskedFisherDUDE

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +721
    It works I do wish it was longer or telescopic. What's nice is it can move on the rail and give different angles. Depending on the baitcasters. Spinning reels are fine.

17. toolbox

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Thanks Brother!!

18. Nute

Nute Researcher...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,473
    Ill have to show you a pic, but Barry has a killer set-up thats different from mine. It's still four holders, but he alternates the short and long holders in line so they stagger. This system is ridiculous, options are un limited.

19. Nute

Nute Researcher...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,473
    heres a pic
    Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 7.47.54 PM.png

20. toolbox

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Looks good.. I'm ready to pull the trigger on the same kind of setup with a camera mount.