Am I The Only One?

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by Gabemorales, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Serruchofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +296
    Yea it has been a little off. Even my emergency skunk killer (drop shot sandworm) hasn't been as effective. I have however, been having fun soaking some shrimp lately. It's been catching me some interesting catches

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. DogDudeDrone

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,689
    Name:
    Zach Carman
    Boat:
    Feet
    Went to the jetty at MB yesterday. Started fishing the deep side channel and then moved over to the inlet where dog beach is near. Ended up getting about 4 bites on the shallow side with gulp mullet drop shot...two of them got to the surface and then got off. So, there’s something...this was mid day yesterday.

#22 DogDudeDrone, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  3. Gabemorales

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +540
    Name:
    Gabe
    Same. I’ve been having great luck myself with shrimp the past few months

4. Fins in the Bin

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +642
    Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    Ghost shrimp is cheating.....

5. TekAngler

TekAngler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +369
    I use small curl tails grubs for spotties. Noticed I've been getting a lot of tail nibbles and they weren't really committing. Had to go to a deathly slow retrieve on the grubs or use my #1 spottie lure the 2 inch Arkie Sexeee Tail Shad on a small jig head. I'm hopping that along the bottom inches at a time to get it right in their face and force a bite . In the fall/spring I jerk it along the bottom with fast twitches and get bit all day/night long. Indestructible compared to GSW and just as effective. 2nd from the top left is an example of one.
    IMG_20190830.jpg

6. Charles

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +529
    Our sons and I noticed the struggle, even with our reliable Gulp Minnows. Earlier this week, our oldest daughter, who does not fish often had an idea. Can we go hunting? Sure, why not, something new for 2019. Today, we fished off the wall near the Coronado Ferry Landing for about 20 minutes and caught one bass and a nice croaker (on a Gulp Minnow). All released.

Croaker.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Easy619

Easy619 Tug Addict
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Name:
    Eric
    I haven't caught near as many spotties this year as last year. Haven't targeted them or fished the bays as much either, but the times I have targeted them I haven't had as much success this year. Big sand bass and calicos have been around though, and i would prefer to catch them anyways.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List