Anti-Vaxxers discover Covid

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dmorgan3, Jun 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,361
    For simple statistics: https://gizmodo.com/99-of-americans-dying-of-covid-19-were-not-fully-vacci-1847167357v

But considering that one death is a tragedy, a million a statistic, I decided to dive deeper.

Political misquotes: The 10 most famous things never actually said

Anti-vaxxer sheriff's deputy dies from COVID-19 complications shortly after mocking the vaccine on Facebook I like the line "I have an immune system",

Sugar Land man who declined COVID-19 vaccine speaks out after undergoing double lung transplant At least this guy is smart enough (barely) to learn the hard way

Right-wing crank who said pandemic was 'God's judgement' on gays catches COVID God sent Covid to purge a lot of sin from the world, apparently lying about Covid and vaccines is a sin.

Ted Nugent says he had COVID: ‘I thought I was dying’ Not dead yet but came close enough

US does not have a monopoly on stupidity: A leading conspiracy theorist who thought COVID-19 was a hoax died from the virus after hosting illegal house parties

‘What are we so afraid of?’ Texas man now knows, his family shattered by coronavirus deaths just a scamdemic

On the positive side, Covid should be making the human race smarter.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,215
    Who cares?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,361
    Didn't think you would care if Covid made the human race smarter.

4. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,215
    What's you're point? It killed wannabe intellectuals such as yourself, as well as crazy rednecks like me. How would that make the human race smarter? Wouldn't it be a draw? People who wore masks everywhere, all the time, still died from covid, were they stupid? I get all my vaccines, I decided to hold off on this one for a while, does that make me an anti-vaxxer?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,361
    Very few people who followed good advice and wore masks, practiced social distancing and got the vaccine died from Covid compared to those that didn't. So, yes, it did make the human race a bit smarter. The very 1st link states that >99X more unvaccinated people than vaccinated are dying from Covid now. And that is despite there being more vaccinated people than unvaccinated people in the US.

It's a myth that masks, social distancing and vaccinations don't make a difference. All the major spreader events that I read about had several things in common: no masks, indoors, close proximity, people talking loudly or singing.

If you held off getting the vaccine for a stupid reason, it does suggest you were stupid. For example, if you believed in any of this nonsense: The Top COVID-19 Vaccine Myths Spreading Online

The 1st link in the 1st post no longer works, use Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated instead, same story.

6. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,831
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    hey DA...why are the vaccinated people still wearing masks?

doesnt the vaccine work ?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,215
    Where are the stats supporting your claim that covid killed those that didn't wear masks at a higger rate then those that did? Or course those that have been vaccinated haven't died from covid. That would be the point. I don't understand how waiting to take a vaccine or any other drug, that hasn't undergone extensive studies assessing the safety, for something that I am at a low risk of dying from, is stupid? I am not saying I will not ever take it but I have a few years before I will be in the high risk category, so I'll let the smart guys like you be my guinea pig.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,040
    Just a comment that if anyone claims they never wore a mask....I find that pretty unlikely as they may had to venture out of their house for groceries, etc., at one time in the last year and were required to wear a mask in any business they entered.
    It is easy to talk I would never wear a mask...but most likely you did. If you hate masks that is your choice and nothing wrong with that or did not want to get vaccinated...that is their choice also. Each person can decide what works best for them. So Medicated fisherman it is fine to do what works best for you. It is your choice.
    I just find it ridiculous that somehow the people that wore masks in an attempt to try to be safe or got vaccinated are somehow looked upon as strange by some of you in the Lounge. Sorry friends, but 3.9 million people have died from Covid worldwide and taking a few precautions is not a bad thing. I got vaccinated and did not like wearing a mask but did. Now more businesses do not require one and that is great! If you don't want to get vaccinated, that is your choice. More power to ya.
    Tight lines to those who fish. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,361
    Unfortunately, not getting vaccinated puts others at risk too, even those who are vaccinated. If everyone got vaccinated, the virus would die out quickly. But because large numbers of people are not getting vaccinated, the virus continues to spread and mutate and there is a chance that one of those mutations will be resistant to the existing vaccines and more vaccinations will be required.

10. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,831
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    pretty sure NO one said they didnt wear a mask

tho I did ask...why are the vaccinated people still wearing masks?

dont trust the vaccine that you are pushing ?

I went to vons and walmart last week...and I was one of the very few NOT wearing a mask...and I would wager that a majority of those with a mask were vaccinated

I went to Carlton Oaks yesterday for golf and NO one was wearing the face diapers

11. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,215
    Really? The OP was about how stupid people are for not getting vaccinated. Did you forget the "so, you want to kill grandma." Both sides have been guilty of this.

12. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,831
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    BS, there is NO proof of this

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  13. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,040
    My comment was actually not directed at you or your comment.
    But on the subject....who the F cares if someone who has been vaccinated wears a mask?
    There are paranoid people in the world and there always will be. It is exciting to not wear
    a mask for me as I have been vaccinated.
    How about those who lie that say they were vaccinated on places where they say if you are vaccinated you do not have to wear a mask? If it does not affect you personally .....then who cares.
    Go have fun, enjoy your golf game, the dogs and anything that makes you happy.

#13 VinnyBass, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  14. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,831
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    so ?

still... pretty sure NO one said they didnt wear a mask

15. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,040
    OMG...you are so funny.......I just was making a point..........a comment...just saying something I wanted to express
    ...do you get it? " If anyone" was the key to me just throwing it out there for people to read.
    Just a comment that if anyone claims they never wore a mask.

16. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,831
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352

I dont care

what I AM pointing out is that people do NOT trust this vaccine...why else the need to feel like they need to wear a mask ?

IF we were ALL vaccinated, would they still wear a mask...my money is on yep...

17. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,040
    Ok you won your own argument...yet you will never ever be able to prove it and besides it is up to each person to decide what is best for them. You cannot change everyone or convince everyone all the time. I will only wear a mask if the business still says it's required...but hopefully those days are numbered.
    I will let you and dmorgan3 continue the comments.
    Have a good day

#17 VinnyBass, Jun 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,361
    Thought you said you were borderline diabetic, that would put you in a high risk category. Also if you take medication for high blood pressure. The vaccine has been taken by >100M people (just in the US) by now, that is way better validation than done by any other vaccine prior to being released.

One of the best early statistics on masks was that healthcare workers in NYC had a lower infection rate from Covid as regular citizens even though they were constantly exposed to infected people. https://www.usnews.com/news/article...r-coronavirus-infection-rates-than-the-public

There's plenty of evidence masks work even though it is not practical or ethical to do a doubleblind study.
    Face masks: what the data say

As of 5/1, 35% of all Covid hospital admissions were from those <50 years old: COVID 'Doesn't Discriminate By Age': Serious Cases On The Rise In Younger Adults

The vaccine in the US with the highest risk is the J&J vaccine. 3 deaths out of 8.7 million have died from a rare blood clotting condition resulting from this vaccine. There have been >600k deaths from Covid out of 33M infections in the US for a difference of 758,621:1 in death rates.
    J&J vaccine: Risk of dying from Covid-19 40 times the risk of rare blood clot after receiving vaccine - CNN

There have been plenty of dumb guys willing to be guinea pigs for Covid; I don't need more to be convinced.

19. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,215
    I am no longer diabetic or even borderline diabetic. When we understood that covid was substantially more deadly in diabetics and the obese, I lost 100 pounds and took myself out of the high risk category. That's how seriously I took it and that is what I did as a precaution.
    The masks do work in the hospital setting. Those are the right masks not a sheet of cloth, they are also used once, then disposed of. They are not dragged around in pockets, dropped or put on with dirty hands. That said, personally I don't care what others do. Hell wrap a cat around your face for all I care.

#19 Medicated fisherman, Jun 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,102
    Name:
    Larry M
    Morning Hook,
    We went to Vons yesterday here and most people weren’t wearing mask They ranged from young to old, even some of the employees weren’t except the ones behind the meat counter slicing the deli items.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List