Anyone up for the point Loma tomorrow? March /2/21.

Discussion in 'Sport Boats' started by Noms, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Noms

Noms Dirty taco maker
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,204
    Name:
    Angel
    Boat:
    15 gregor tin can
    Like the title says. Trying to get some more people to make the boat run.

2. cort

cort Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621
    Boat:
    ProAngler 14
    I was on it today - it was a pretty good day of fishing.

3. Noms

Noms Dirty taco maker
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,204
    Name:
    Angel
    Boat:
    15 gregor tin can
    What grade where the red fish?

4. cort

cort Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621
    Boat:
    ProAngler 14
    The biggest I caught was probably 14ish - I saw a couple that were probably in the 16-18 inch range that others caught. The largest I saw was actually caught by a woman, she was pretty hyped about it, heh.

We caught a lot of smaller rockfish that were released. I didn't see a bass or sheep caught the whole day, and there were a couple whitefish caught but not many. I saw one lone (especially dinky) sand dab caught that got to hang out in the bait tank for the entire day- totally fine, just chilling in there. Hopefully someone released him later on.

The boat had bait from the day prior, and the bait was really large jack macks for the most part. Hence, most everybody on the boat was using squid - and it was pretty on-point.

I think if someone really wanted to up their game, bringing a belt bait pouch of shrimp/squid chunks to save moving back to the bait area from wherever you end up standing/fishing would be a real winner.

Actually here's a photo of my "bag" from today. It was a nice mixture of species.

Image from iOS (1).jpg

5. Noms

Noms Dirty taco maker
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,204
    Name:
    Angel
    Boat:
    15 gregor tin can
    Ended up waking up late. So I jumped on the premier pm trip. Very light load of 15 people plus crew. The boat decided to do something different than the rest of the fleet. We went south to the pipeline and hammered the sculpin and sand bass. I kept around 3 sculpin, 3 sand bass and calico. Great weather and everyone on the boat got fish. Most of the count was sand bass and sculpin. A few rock fish, white fish and perch got into the count too. Most fish came on sliding sinker or reverse dropper loop. Regular dropper loop produced whitefish and perch. Squid was the bait of choice all the day.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List