As usual always imagining the next best lure designs

Discussion in 'Lure Making & Customizing' started by spoonminnow, May 24, 2020.

1. spoonminnow

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,015
    Every design needs testing on different waters and at different times of the year - especially at water temp extremes from 40 to over 85 degrees. .

#1 spoonminnow, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  2. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,422
    I just want to tell you that it is always fun to check out your posts. Amazing lure designs and great pics always. You have really made some interesting combos of baits. It brings back some memories when I was a kid. I would take a plastic worm and then took some of my mom's white thread and put it threw the worm several times to make legs so that it looks like a centipede or hellgrammite. Then when Creme plastic worms came out with the Shimmy gal or Shimmy tail worms, I would cut the tail off one color worm and with the help of matches attach it on to another color worm. It looked sloppy, but the tail was attached. The funny thing about this is I don't remember even using those worms to fish with...ha ha :)
    Thanks for sharing your variety of designs and always look forward to seeing your posts and the great pics of your baits with fish!

3. spoonminnow

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,015
    Vinny, you're an angler after my own heart ! It's so satisfying when someone connects with what you're trying to get across and expresses it in writing. I have a bud that used to contribute to Fishing Facts Magazine a long time ago and he can't get enough of the creations I send him plus he always reports how well he does on them. He also shares ideas of his lure modifications and concepts why fish bite lures in general.
    Thanks again. Much appreciated.
    Frank

4. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +47,439
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Interestingly, spoonminnow , one of the longtime SDF spotted bay bass anglers talked about using the back third of a lizard bait from the discount bin as a deadly expensive bait alternative... Doesn't matter what fish species, apparently some things just work...