Baccarac Pre-Report

Discussion in 'Freshwater Reports' started by transplant, Jun 12, 2018.

1. transplant

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +431
    Boat:
    My buddies
    Heading to Lake Baccarac next week down in Sinaloa Mexico. Usually I would post some quick reports when I am at El Salto, but no wifi at Baccarac Lodge. We are hearing that the fish are not as concentrated as last year and you have to work a little harder. I have never been to Baccarac so I am not sure what to expect. Big cranks and 6" storm wild eye shad have been the go to baits from what I hear. I will definitely shoot some video and hopefully get it on here soon with a follow up report. Hopefully with after 4 1/2 days of fishing we can connect with some quality fish. I know some guys here had some interest in Baccarac and El Salto so I will try and do a comparison for those thinking about going.

2. Capt. Kirk

Capt. Kirk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Looking forward to your report. Fishing can be very good there in June .....and it can also be rather hot there this time of year.

We did very well with Norman DD22 cranks. Best colors had blue on the back.. This was in May....

3. transplant

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +431
    Boat:
    My buddies
    Thanks for the intel. You are right about it being hot, it doesn't seem to bother me as much when the big girls are biting though ;)

4. MaxZmus

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,823
    Good luck! I know the BassinPanda loves throwing big jigs with big senkos for trailers. I’m sure your guide will set you straight and of course we’ll all be looking forward to the report and videos.

5. TheBassinPanda

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,548
    Boat:
    I wish
    Good luck out there! I also hear the BacaBuritto Baits shad have been doing well there too. Unfortunately they are out of stock and hard to find. You can always ask Terry if he has any because I believe the lodge may have some for sale. The BacaBurrito shads are supposed to work reeeeeallly well. Good luck out there and hope to see some vids and a detailed report!

Also if you can get some 3/4oz and 1oz scroungers too. I broke off a biggen on one.

1oz jigs with 7" black senkos were the ticket when I was there but that was in Dec 2017. However, it wouldn't hurt to throw em. hehe.

6. Capt. Kirk

Capt. Kirk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65
  7. transplant

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +431
    Boat:
    My buddies
    Thanks, we will see how it goes. I will be sure to get a report out when I get back

8. transplant

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +431
    Boat:
    My buddies